Little Reunion

We both finally looked around ourselves after the little reunion.

"Uh...excuse me but, do you guys know each other?" Chitra di asked, now looking lost herself.

"Know each other? This is literally my little sister!" Dev bhaiya said.

Immediately we were met with collective huh's and what's.

"I have an older brother?" Aniket said, looking bewildered as hell. "I always thought it was a possibility but now I know!"

"Aniket!" Ma yelled while giving Anni "the glare".

"I was just kidding of course. Haha"

"No but seriously, what's going on? When did this happen?" Chitra asked.

"At school! Anindita is my self-proclaimed little sister" bhaiya said proudly.

"That's why I was wondering where I know you from..." this time it was Preet speaking, " of course! Anindita from the school and the farewell function! Now I remember."

Yes! That's who I was. Anindita from the school and farewell function. At Least this was better than "Anindita the stalker" or "Anindita the cowardice".

"God!" Chitra di huffed, " I should've paid attention to what's going around in school more. Being concentrated on studies all the time sure does have its setbacks."

"Ok fine but all of you at least come inside now. How long will you stand like that?" Ma urged.

"Sorry aunty, we would love to but we have to rush home. Our parents are waiting" Preet said.

Preet was from marwari family who had resided in Kolkata long ago for their garment business and have been settled here ever since. As far as I know, Dev bhaiya's father and Preet's father are business partners. Also belonging to the same community, they practically grew up together.

"Arey par beta! You had such a long flight. At Least rest for a few minutes and then go, "Jethima said.

"Sorry aunty. Like I said, we have to hurry. We came here directly from the airport. But we will be back in the evening along with them" Preet said.

Saying this both the men started taking their leave.

"Bye, Anu! See you later" Dev bhaiya said waving at me.
"Ok bye" I waved back.

"Arey Puchki, where is Tia?" Ma asked all of a sudden. I looked around confused. I didn't even notice she wasn't around.

"I don't know, she was right behind me..." I got so caught up in the entire thing that I completely forgot about her.

I rushed back upstairs and let out a heavy breath after seeing her sitting on the bed with her laptop.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She jumped up a bit after suddenly hearing my voice.

"Jeez, you scared me. I was checking some emails" she said and looked back at the screen.

"Yes but why weren't you downstairs with everyone? " I asked. "And why check emails all of a sudden?"

"Oh, I just remembered I was supposed to get an email today so I sat down to look at it?"

"Ok, but why didn't you come down after checking?"

"It hasn't arrived yet," she said.

Why do I feel like something is off?

"So? You could've still come downstairs. Where did the whole 'I'm here for you whether you like it or not' thing? I honestly thought you'd cling on me like a koala by the time we were downstairs"