207 | Annual Brotherhood Reranking

"WHAT ON EARTH IS in the House of Bishops? What am I going to find in that school?" Max then asks, and Asahi turns towards him so he can directly look in Max's direction.

     "This is not confirmed yet, but Maximilian Sinclaire, as someone who I genuinely admire, I will share with you this white information," Asahi suddenly tells him, confusing Max even more.

     Max wanted to ask more questions, but before he could even say anything, the man in front of him looked directly into his eyes. He then leans towards his ear to finally whisper a piece of information that Max was definitely not ready to hear.

    "One of the brotherhoods in J.S High...will fail."

    Max stares at Asahi in complete shock. He couldn't think of the right words to say after what the boy just revealed to him. At first, Max was confused, and then he became doubtful. But after a while, when the information finally sunk in, Max was left completely speechless.

     "H-How did...how did you know about this? Are you even certain?" Max asks.

     "If it's the certainty we're talking about, then no, we are not certain yet. But the leader of the brotherhood I follow believes that it is so. The possibility of it happening is high, so I suggest you ready yourself now before anything happens," Asahi finishes. He got ready to head out of the restroom, but then Max grabbed his arm to stop him.

     "Who?" He asks. "Who is it?"

     Asahi looks at Max and stares at his hand, holding onto his arm before looking back at his face again. "I don't know," he simply answers.

     Max finally lets go of Asahi's arm, letting him leave. As soon as he walks away, Max takes a deep breath and holds onto his chest, unsure of how he'll be able to process this information. But despite his uncertainties, Max understood why Asahi would reveal this to him. It's not to change anything, but it's to get ready for the storm that will definitely fall upon them.

     "Max?" A voice suddenly calls out, snapping Max back to his senses.

     Max turns his head and sees Keigo walking through the doorframe.

     "You okay?" He asks him.

     "Y-Yeah, I'm fine."

     "Well, we're already being called to the gate. Let's go," Keigo says, and Max nods his head as the two of them head out of the restroom.

...

Max takes a deep breath and adjusts his peak cap before walking up the steps toward the Keep. Today was March 11, which marks the first day of the Annual Brotherhood Reranking.

     All the brotherhoods from the five Houses will be arriving at J.S High for the opening ceremony, which will officially start the five-day reranking battle. Since J.S High is the House of Kings, they have the privilege to watch the ceremony live, while the other students can only watch on large screens back at their Houses.

     Dozens of reporters were also waiting outside the large gates of the school, but thanks to the extra security, none were able to make their way inside and could only take pictures of the cars entering the premise. Of course, the Lemieux's famous white car attracted a lot of them, so Étienne had to be escorted into a different gate so they wouldn't get ambushed.

     "Welcome, everyone, to J.S High. All students, please proceed to the Stadium for the opening ceremony," a voice announces as the white uniforms rush to the said location.