Chapter 1

jun 19th - I am editing my mistakes

Chapter 1

The heavy grey clouds covered the sun like an umbrella, funny how she thought of that as she was hoping an umbrella would not be needed. The road was dry, but the air was moist with the promise of rain, cold and clean compared to the city's acid rains.

- "You will love it." –

- "I already do, are you suggesting I should be worried?" – her sister had a way to brush off the unwanted news until later, causing her to question her own decisions regarding her move.

- "I am just saying, you look like you will not even unpack and return to our flat in less than 24 hours." – she signed.

Turning to her sister, she seemed to question if she would be ok without her. Both sisters were closed, but recent events drifted them away. When she finally gets her relationship back, they are both on the long road on their way to her new home. A small town 2 hours away from the city they both lived in for years.

- "I'll miss you." – she admitted.

- "don't be silly. We can call each other every day and I'll be 2 hours way." – those same words had been repeated to her for weeks.

Since they found the perfect and available house to rent back in July, Karin insisted that nothing could keep them from having constant communication. Other than bad reception.

Sitting back and staring at the trees as they grew taller and thicker, she decided to let it go for now. It was exciting and scary, but it would not be the first time she had a big move.

It will work out.

The small and cute house was just like the pictures, but real life really can't be captured by a camera quite like the eyes. She loved it. Her sister made sure to find the perfect place for her and took pictured to show her. This was the first time she entered the town, a few minutes away from downtown and surrounded mostly by forest, it looked peaceful.

Just what she needed.

With just a few hours of sun left, Karin started to unlock the gate and head for the front porch. They had to take everything inside and open that bottle of wine to celebrate.

She can worry about starting her life tomorrow.

Taking in the first box of probably some shoes, she could finally take in all the beauty of the wooden walls, small chiminea, simple furniture that arrived yesterday and the clean dark wooden floors.

The delicious oak smell made her feel strangely at home, the cosiness was undeniable. Karin had the place cleaned and her furniture was arranged as well, and she could not feel more grateful.

- "You will love it." – Karin emphasized at the entrance with another box, her smile only showed warmth and love and it was very contagious.

- "Let's hurry and get the wine." – Her sister loved her enthusiasm.

With darkness overlapping the still thick clouds, the sisters basked in the warmth of blankets, a lit fireplace and microwaved pizza as they enjoyed their celebration wine.

- "We should move more often." – she joked.

- "We will become fat and alcoholics." – Karin laughed back.

The next morning was going to be chilli since it rained once night fell on them, the sisters cuddled up together with all the blanquettes they could find. Karin would be taking her leave early in the morning, they chatted until they fell asleep.

Morning struck them faster than a blink, the forest was quiet and calm, the air was fresh and deliciously welcoming, she could get used to this. Standing in her front porch, enjoying the fact this was her new home, a place she would call a safe space. Her sister was getting ready to leave and she would mis her, but it won't be forever.

They would see each other next time, they would chat, message each other, travel to the city or the lake. She was hoping for much more to come.

- "Are you still in dreamland?" – her sister broke her dazed moment.

- "No, this is real. I am liking it." – her smile was honest and welcoming.

- "You like that I am leaving?" – she playfully wined. The redhead had her ways to annoy her sister.

- "I am not stopping you." – her sassy response started another fit of laughter.

- "Well then." – Karin pulled something from her purse. – "Here you go." – a pair of keys were handed to her. – "Welcome to your new home. Sakura."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------