𝘾𝙃. 014

・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

After tearful welcomes, Deyanira did not waste more time in getting all the people back into the room to discuss the upcoming war.

"Your maps are all wrong, well you have been frozen for some hundred years" the blonde tried to joke but nobody seemed to get it, she sighed and took her own map from her coat. "Ravka has extended way more and Shu-Han is not as large as it once was" she out the maps side by side to compare. "Obviously the fold, and, Gaeliar is no longer in the maps, the Darkling made sure of that"

Everyone furrowed their brows at the name of the monster that had doomed them all and tension grew in the room.

"The war is going to take place here" she pointed at a place named Balakirev. "Or at least that's where I last was"

"You expect us to fight for a world that forgot about us" a dark skinned man said from some place at the end of the table.

"That's true, I cannot force you, you can stay here with your families, and flourish this Kingdom to what it once was, or you can come with me, help all this people, and be called saviors instead of cowards"

The Queen smiled at her, proud of her daughter's words.

"I'll follow you, my daughter" her mother put a gentle hand on her shoulder, and one by one the council nodded in acceptance.

"Thank you, we don't have much time, now, let's plan this war"

.・゜゜・☼・゜゜・.

"Saints help us" Nikolai muttered as he watched the fold expand towards them.  He hoped that Deyanira had gotten somewhere safe, it was no matter that she was a sun summoner it could still kill her.

He heart broke when they had informed her she had left without telling anyone. But he couldn't really blame her, the way that Alina had spoken to her, must have cut her deep and the last days before she left she was already suffering.

He prayed to the gods that wherever she had gone, she was safe.

He then notice that the fold had covered half of the building. The building where Alina still was.

"Alina..." he muttered and started running towards the building with everyone else behind him. When they were almost to the walls, the Grisha army of Kirigan was there waiting for them, they had to deviate their way to loose them, his lungs and legs burn as they followed them.

He heard as an inferni summoned fire and then a squaller air and his eyes widened at what they were going to do.

"Down!" He shouted at his friends as they all jumped and got down to avoid the hot flames of the Etherealki.