Empathetic(?)

"Umm, y-yes Chief?," Myla stuttered, trying not to sound nervous. She tucked her t-shirt further over her belt loaded with nourished knives. She clutched the strap of her heavy purse in a protective manner, it is stuffed with clothes she stole from a dangerous, drunk man she had to kill a few minutes ago. Money she pickpocketed from pedestrians, are all stuffed in different parts of her clothes, a habit she can't let anyone else know of.

     "What's going on? I heard a lot of police cars . . . ," she asks, pretending to sound dumb about The Bad Guys latest heist.

"There's been another bank robbery," Luggins said with an eye roll.

"Really, again? By who? The bad guys?"

"Yep, unfortunately so. The whole city is freaking out too," the Chief grumbled. If she were an animal, she'd probably let out numerous growls. "and if my officers can't get them to calm down by the end of the night, it looks like they're all gonna have to sleep through day shift tomorrow."

     "Aw, well that sucks," the pale young woman said with fake pity in her voice.

     "I know, right?," Luggins pouted before she turned on cop mode again. "Anyway, have you seen where The Bad Guys went? Nobody else knows, and we've asked everybody." The buff police chief put her hands on her hips with an impatient stance. The redhead commander stood four feet in front of Myla with her back still turned to The Bad Guys.

     Myla secretly steals a glance at the anthropomorphic animals a short distance behind the chief. She noticed a stolen safe sitting on top of Snake's lap. She observes as all five criminals gaze at her with pleading looks. They desperately shook their heads. Wolf mouthed the words, "Please, don't say anything . . ."

     She continued staring at the tense villains as the chief's vigorous gaze burned through her skull. To be honest, a large part of her doesn't know why everybody in this large city is afraid of The Bad Guys, even the most rudest of people. Well, not that she blames them of course, these guys do do a lot of bad things, but so what? Night Wielder does too!

     "Well?!"

     The policewoman's impatience quickly pulled Myla back to reality, "Oh, sorry, lost in thought I guess . . ." She laughed awkwardly.

     Sure, The Bad Guys may be born predators who could cause so much harm to people as they please, but she never got the sense that they would ever actually hurt anyone, unless provoked. After all, the only crimes they ever commit is just stealing, which is something that Myla established herself to do at a young age. However, the only difference between her and The Bad Guys is that they're far more popular . . . and they seem to love fighting about push-pops every once in awhile.

     So if anything, Myla considers them goofballs.

     Myla brings her gaze back to the chief, smirking, she says. "You know, it's kinda funny how you say no one knows where they're at since they have the tendency to do highway speed chases." Luggins stared at her in confusion, Myla giggled. "Think about it, you're dealing with a tiny tarantula, a snake who has no limbs, two land-walkers, and a Furbaby. Do you really think people with those images blend well in with humans?," Myla shows off a mischievous smile. "I mean, it should be like a walk in the park for you to catch these guys, but I'm kinda surprised you haven't yet. . .," she simply shrugged.

     Myla mentally chuckled to herself as the look on the chief's face shifted from taken aback, to immediate annoyance. She didn't say anything, but the red hue on her cheeks, and her narrowed eyebrows, clearly told otherwise.