the Woman & the Wolf

Edit: I'm not much of an artist 👩‍🎨 as I am a writer ✍️, but I did enjoy enjoy drawing this sketch above.

Happy read✌🏻

🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺❤️🐺

     The day is almost at its end, and yet, the comforting glow of the city lights make the dark-blue sky with shades of purple, all the more appealing to the eye for a pleasant evening. The consistent chatter of crickets, illuminating lampposts, and the big buildings far beyond, highlighted a cozy atmosphere. Stunning nightfalls like this, almost feel like you're in a whole different dimension away from the crude realities of the world.

     "Hey, Wolf?"

     "Hmm?"

     "Where'd you park? I couldn't find your car earlier."

     "Right over there," The anthropomorphic wolf pointed his finger through the dusk-lit trees. His Camaro was parked at least twenty-five spots away from Myla's Mercedes.

     "What the—How did you park so fast?! I didn't see you get here!," she exclaimed.

     "Speed, Myla. It's all about the speed." Wolf smirked at her. "Plus, I waited for you for like, what? Ten, eleven minutes?"

He checked his watch. "I didn't hear you coming till I was in the bathroom, so I was able to navigate to you by using your scent. You know how well-advanced our snouts are," Wolf said as he put on his white fedora hat, and brown tinted glasses he carried with him.

He highly doubted other people would be around in a public forest place at sundown, but this was just in case other passerby's were around. "but then again, if I had already been there when those guys were giving you trouble, I probably woulda had to give them the good ole, "unprotected sheep in the fields treatment", if ya know what I mean, Sweet Cream."

     Myla rolled her eyes, from both the nickname he gave her yesterday over having whipped cream on her nose, and his mischievous chuckle. She pushed him away by his shoulder when that cheeky smile didn't leave his face. This made Wolf laugh since she had little muscle mass compared to him.

     Earthly smells of the grassy green fields that lengthened throughout the park, greatly filled Wolf and Myla's noses

Earthly smells of the grassy green fields that lengthened throughout the park, greatly filled Wolf and Myla's noses. Well, the aroma of mother-nature is more sensitive for Wolf's snout, but it did indeed bring him warmth and comfort in a way he rarely feels whenever he's alone or with someone else. It reminded him of the time he use to be a little, young country wolf pup who lived with his family before moving to the city as he got older.

     Neither of them admitted it, but the evening walk in a park gave the two individuals a sense of peace: Being away from the city, away from the crazed circumstances that go on in L.A, and overall, just peace and quiet.