🌾S1 CH. Eight; The Difference of Night and Day

By the time you got back to your residence, it's already past 5 PM.
       The walk felt way longer than usual, and that's because both you and Powerless needed to have a rest every fifteen minutes...
        Being led through the city by Powerless unnerved you the entire trip; but they did get you home safe, so you have to give 'em that.
       You also prepared yourself for when the time came of them begging to be let inside, or some other form of payment for bringing you back... Instead though, Powerless dropped you off and left.
       "Too many lights... Must seek darkness again..."
       Is what he told you before turning and creeping back into the shadows casted by the towering buildings.

Once inside your house, you are hit with a soft wave of comfort. The warmth inside soothes your chilled skin, and you inhale the familiar scent of home sweet home.
       What made you most happy is the fact everything is still here. Nothing has been ransacked like you were assuming was gonna happen. Although, whether it's thanks to your friends protecting it or just luck nothing happened, you can't be sure.
       The clock on the wall shows the time to be 5:38; and after cleaning yourself up a bit, you get to making a yummy supper.
       Yummy as in two baked potatoes, a cup of your favorite tea, and a couple buttered biscuits.
      "Better than starving," you mutter as you seat yourself at the table.
       You raise your first bite of potato to your mouth, softly blowing some of the heat off it before opening your mouth. You wince when the doorbell starts ringing like crazy from out of no where.
       Over and over and over it rang until your head pounded.
       You slam your fork down.
       "I'M COMINGGGGGG!" You shout with spewing impatience as you grab your crutch and start hobbling to the door; and even before you open it you can hear the voices on the other side squabbling.
      "I told you to ring it TWO TIMES!"
      "CAN'T HELP IT NOT!"
      "Why the hell am I even here?!"
      "Yeah, why are you here? My lamb doesn't want to see your ugly face."
      The third voice gasps. "I'll cram my gun down your throat!"
      "OooO, so scary!" The fourth mocks in reply.

Honestly, you stopped unlocking the door for a moment to take in their voices, hearing them made your body feel warm.
       To think most of them willingly came all this way when finding out you're back for a couple days... Emphasis on most.

"Guys, calm down... They're probably very tired, we should be respectful."
      "I'm with Practical. Cool your jets already, you two are hurting my ears."
      "Ew, 'cool your jets?', what kind of wordage-"
      You open the door before the yellow-vested operative can finish his sentence. With it now open, you have to pick your jaw off the floor as you try to process the sight outside.
      Radiant, Unstable, Placid, Practical, Macabre, and Dreadful stand before you; all crowding around.
      Macabre has Dreadful in a headlock though; and the graveyard keeper quickly drops his fellow soldier upon seeing you standing in the doorway.
      "[NAME]!" Radiant cheers, wasting no time scooping you up in a tight hug. You let out a gagged squeak as your face is smothered against his chest; you drop your crutch.
      "Er, their arm-" You hear Placid try to say, before Unstable joins the hug, cutting off your air supply all together.
       "C-cahn't... breA-the-"
       Radiant loosens his grip, allowing you to slide from his grasp. "Whoops!"
       You gasp for air while Unstable tousles your hair playfully.
       "G-guys... I've only been gone for a day..." You huff.
       "Either way, we wanted to see how you're doing," Radiant tells you, picking your crutch up and handing it back to you.
       "I couldn't care any less actually," Dreadful adds, brushing off his uniform.
       "And yet, you still came," Macabre points out, his words coming out in a babying tone to further poke fun at the blond operative.
       Dreadful balls up his left fist and begins raising it, causing you to panic a bit inside.
       Before a fight breaks out, you invite them in so they could rest.