🥀 S2 CH. One; Tensions

Hazy darkness surrounds me. A singular, dim light hangs above my head, which showcases how dusty this room is.
       A small sting is in my wrist, but it's easily ignored as I begin to fully awake. I can feel heavy straps tying me to a large, metal table.
       My breathing quickens as I begin to wiggle furiously against my constraints, until a pair of hands clap together to gain my attention.
       I stop instantly, picking up my head to gaze down my body and into the darkness that surrounds me.
      Three red dots meet my gaze; and as he approaches where I lay, I feel the unpleasant memories come rushing to mind.

"I'm happy to see you awake, how do you feel?"
       That voice... Still so soft, yet the kindness that used to be there is no more.
       "Like I've been hit by a train," I reply with a groan of discomfort.
        He hums in response whilst walking his way past where I lay, and I can feel my body increasingly stiffen once he stops next to my head.
        Benevolent's heavy breathing behind the mask, as well as an unknown whirring sound from inside the room is all I can hear. Besides those two faint sounds, it's unnervingly quiet; and yet I don't exactly feel any fear, instead I feel discomfort.
       "Inform me when you do feel any changes, it's important that you monitor your body closely," he instructs, and I watch him reach towards the light to flick on a brighter setting.
        I squint my eyes at first, waiting for them to grow used to the brighter light before I slowly reopen them and turn my gaze to my right.
        Which is where he currently stands, looking down at me. It's impossible to read his expression, but there appears to be a familiar fondness in the head tilt he gives me.
        He unclips the clipboard that previously hung beside the table– and looks down to whatever he has written on the few tattered pages.
       "Your body seems to be accepting the vaccine rather well," he begins, and I feel my body shiver at the memory... From that time he stabbed the needle into my neck.
       "Although, there's always the possibility for your body to reject it suddenly," Bene adds, looking up from the clipboard.
        I can only stare at him, not a single idea about what he injected into my bloodstream or what it does to benefit me, if it even does...
        The feeling of his cold, gloved hand tracing my cheek bone brings my thoughts back to reality.
        "I was afraid you weren't going to wake up..." He trails off, retreating his hand away.
        "H-how long was I unconscious?" I ask, still a bit freaked out over his gesture.
        "Almost two weeks," he answers, lifting his hand towards one of the straps. "So I imagine you're pretty hungry," he says, unclipping the first buckle out of the four.
         I couldn't say anything in reply, nor did I feel hungry... I felt nothing really, and that is what made me begin to feel weird.
        Two weeks? It's something I can't wrap my head around; I don't feel as if it's been that long.

Soon, he has me completely free of the table, and allows me to slide off the top of it; and almost right away, my legs buckle underneath me from the lack of muscle use my body has had recently.
        Bene is quick to catch me though, holding me up as my legs shake beneath me. "That's to be expected," he says simply, loosening his grip on my body.
        I can feel his gaze directed on me, but I can't bring myself to return it. This whole situation is uncomfortable; I just wish I was able to understand why this is all happening.
        A normal reaction would have been fear, to fight against the captor despite the odds... But ever since he entered the room, I've felt calm– comforted even.
       Why is that?
        I get so caught up into thinking that I don't realize he has since fully let go of me and moved away; allowing me to stand on my own.
       "Follow me."
       Bene turns away and walks back into the darkness– the clack of his receding steps echoes off the walls, before they stop. His little red "eyes" stare back at me, where I still haven't dared to move.
        I take one last glance behind me and at the table, before attempting my first step forward. A bit shaky, but with each passing step I rediscover my sense of balance.
        And I realize that the further I walk into the darkness, the clearer my vision seems to get... That shouldn't be the case for a human.
        I stop, a bit freaked out over this uncanny ability. I can make out the four walls now, the door, and the tall figure of The Doctor standing in front of me.
        He turns and opens the door, and outside is a dimly lit hallway that looks like it goes on forever.
        Entering a creepy tunnel wasn't really something I wanted to do, but given the circumstances, I choke down the uneasiness and follow after him.
        The walls are door-less until we reach the end of the hall. On either side there's a heavy duty door like the first, and he takes me through the one on our right– a smaller sized room that is pretty empty, it simply contains a couch, stove, and a few cabinets.
       "Have a seat," he instructs whilst walking over to the tiny kitchen part of the room.
        He pulls out a pan, a bowl, and a few cans of food from the cabinets; soon setting the pan on the oven to start warming up the food.
        The smell of meat fills the room, and this is when my stomach begins to throbs in pain.
        I grip my gut, never in my life have I had such painful hunger cramps. So bad my legs begin to tremble, and I can smell the sweat forming on my skin.
       Bene notices the pitiful state I'm in and hurries over.
       I feel something sticky building up in my throat and mouth, and the room around me becomes a blur.
       Whatever is happening to me, it is definitely not just hunger... And only Benevolent knows what's actually going on.
       "[Name]?!"
       I hear him yell, but I'm unable to respond as my surroundings grow more fuzzy.
       I can feel him place his hands on my shoulders to keep me from falling over while he assesses my issue.
       My heart feels like it's about to explode from beating so hard, and the last thing I hear before passing out is...