Act One

11:43 PM, October 31st, 2023
Nicks POV

"Nick!" a yell echoes as the microwave goes off, the smell of popcorn filling the small kitchen.

I open up the microwave, rolling my eyes and yelling back, "Yes? What is it?"

"Bring me a Pepsi when you come back!" The voice yelled again, and confirmed to myself that it was Chris who had yelled down the stairs. Making a mental note, I decided not to scream back and takes the bag of popcorn out of the microwave. Sitting it on the counter, I begin to look through the cabinets for a bowl when my phone rings.

Reaching into my pocket, I pull my phone out and looks down at the screen, the name "Chris" across the top.

What the fuck? It's been like 45 seconds

"Whatever," I say out loud, clicking the green answer button.

"Chris I'll bring you a Pepsi it's not worth freaking out over," I said, finding a bowl and closing the cabinet.

"Who says I was freaking out?"

I pauses for a moment, registering the voice that spoke into my ear.

"Well why else would you be calling? And very funny with the Ghostface voice, did you decide to watch Scream?" I responded, placing my phone in between my ear and shoulder as I poured the popcorn into the bowl.

"Something like that. It's your favorite scary movie, isn't it?"

I shrug, throwing the popcorn bag away, "I mean I love those movies, you know that. Being my favorite scary movie is probably up for debate, though. And stop with the voice, Chris. It's creepy and annoying."

"Well, what would you say is your favorite scary movie?"

"I've had enough of this," I say, hanging up the phone and slipping it into my pocket. I go ahead and grab the bowl of popcorn, two Pepsis' because god knows Chris'll probably finish the first one halfway through the movie, and leave the kitchen.

Walking through the hallway, I stop and turn back to look at the sliding glass doors, which were unlocked. Sighing, I set everything in my hands on a coffee table before locking the doors, ignoring the weird vibe I suddenly felt.

It is Halloween, after all. You're thinking too much, Nick. It was just Chris playing a stupid prank.

Gathering my things again, I walk through the hallway of Warehouse 79, up the stairs to the makeshift movie room. Waiting for my arrival sat Madi Filipowicz, Nathan Doe, and my triplet-brothers Matt and Chris. Matt had his arm hanging around a girl who had introduced herself as Makayla. She and him have apparently been talking for a couple months, but nobody knew until tonight. Chris and I both thought it was odd, because we normally tell each other whenever we're talking to someone. He is 20, though, so it's not like he's obligated to.

"Hey babe, what took you so long?" rang a sixth voice. I turn my attention over to James Beckett, a 6'4 local college student and my boyfriend of 7 months, sitting on a beanbag.

"I was literally gone for, like, 6 minutes and 23 seconds in total. What, will you guys implode if you're not in my presence for more than 10 minutes at a time?"

"Well we know James would for sure," Chris retorted. He was sitting on the right side of the couch, Madi sitting in the floor in front of him. Makayla was sitting the middle of the couch, Matt to her left and Nathan was sitting in a chair next to the couch.