Act Three

1:07 AM November 1st, 2023
Nick's POV

Me, Chris and James all turn around just in time to see Ghostface charge at us, his knife stretched out and swinging.

I felt my shoulders shoved to the right, knocking me into Chris as we fell to the ground. Ghostface sunk his knife into the center of James's chest, eliciting a gurgled scream. Chris and I stared in frozen horror as he twisted the knife, clearly having fun.

Chris suddenly moves, taking his hockey stick and swinging it into the back of Ghostface's knees. Using the blade of the stick, when he pulled back, Chris managed to sweep his feet right from under him. Ghostface landed on his ass with a thud, surprised by the attack. Chris went to swing again, but this time Ghostface grabbed the blade and yanked on the stick, pulling Chris down. They started bare knuckle brawling, throwing punches and rolling on the floor.

Meanwhile, James slid onto the floor, the knife still sticking out of his chest. I move over to him, stunned with what has just happened. He was gasping for breath, blood coming out of his mouth.

"You stupid fucking moron," I said, grabbing his hand.

"That's all you have to say?" He gasped out.

I shook my head and opened my mouth, but he beat me to it.

"I would rather it be me than you, okay? Don't blame yourself, Nick. Make sure this bastard doesn't see the sun come up," he said, coughing and spitting up blood.

I nodded, wanting to speak but my mouth wasn't cooperating. James nodded and leaned his head back, closing his eyes and gripping my hand. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead, feeling his grip loosen.

The moment didn't last long, it was interrupted by Chris screaming.

"NIIICK," he yelled, as he got launched into the cabinets on the wall. I scrambled over to him, keeping an eye on Ghostface. He looked like he wasn't even out of breath.

"Chris, are you okay?" I asked, pulling him to sit up.

He had his lip split open but nodded, "Yeah," he said, hitting his chest and coughing, "it just knocked the fucking wind from my lungs."

Ghostface grabbed the knife handle and yanked it out of James' chest, wiping the blade clean. Chris and I stood up, our eyes not leaving him.

"Are you having fun yet?"

"Take the mask off you fucking coward," Chris said, his hand on his chest. I grabbed my hockey stick and gave him the other one that had slid across the floor.

"If you insist," he said, reaching his free hand up. My heart was thumping so loud I could hear it in my ears. When he removed the mask, my mouth dropped open and my eyes went wide. I felt Chris grab my arm, his eyes glued onto the familiar head of brown hair.

"Justin?" I asked, silenced by the shock which flooded my head.

He brought a handheld voice modulator up to his mouth and clicked it on ,"What's the matter Nick? You look like you've seen a ghost."

I felt like I was about to throw up and go crazy at the same time.

"It's you?" Chris asked. I looked over at him, and he looked like all the fight had drained right out of his body, "You killed Matt? Your little brother?"

Justin smiled and nodded, "Yes, I did. It was pretty cool too, wasn't it?"

Chris's jaw clenched and I shook my head, "You're psychotic."

Justin shrugged, "Maybe. But it will all be worth it soon," he said, flipping the knife in his hands and slowly stepping towards us. Chris and I backed up, our backs hitting the counter.