Chapter 1

Tanjiro

It had been 1 week since that incident and nothing has ever happened. Maybe it was my imagination. Whatever it doesn't matter now.

And this is because I was on my way to meet mui at his estate because we were assigned a mission together.

I walked down a dirt path happily because I haven't had time to hang out or have a mission with mui for a while.

Soon enough I arrived and knocked on his door. Almost instantly the door opened and revealed Mui. Over the years he had grown taller than me which I did not mind."Hey mui ready to go?" I asked with a soft smile.

"Yes I'm ready.." He said and closed his door. He then held my hand and started to walk me with him. This was normal behavior from Mui ever since I became a hashira.

As we walked through I felt his grip tighten around my hand. It felt as if it was gonna break. "M-mui?" I asked trying to sound as if nothing was wrong.

Tokito
There is someone here.. I felt it.. it was watching us both.. I could sense anger and jealousy from this person.. I could not identify if they were human or demon because they had no smell but I knew they were a danger.

"M-mui?" Tanjiro asked me. I could see the pain in his eyes. Only then did I realized how tight I was holding his hand. I let go of his hand and chuckle softly. "Sorry Tanjiro.. Got a bit carried away there.." I said in an emotionless tone.

"Well okay then.." Tanjiro said and continued to look ahead. That's when I saw my crow flying to me. I held my arm out and waited for my crow to land. When she landed I pet under her chin and then let her speak.

"Tanjiro Kamado! Tokito Muichiro! Get to the location of Itsuki village as soon as possible! There has been sighting of a powerful demon! Possibly an upper moon!" My crow said before flying off.

"Welp.. guess we gotta go there instead Tanjiro.." I said and looked at him in the eyes. Tanjiro just smiled with determination. "Yes! We may defeat this demon and go home knowing we survived such a battle with a powerful demon!" He said with a smile.

I did a small smile in return. Tanjiro is the only one I show any emotion too. Anyone else can suck it.

When they arrived at itsuki village (sun set)

Tanjiro
"Hey mui can we sit down? We have walked for a while.." I asked. Mui looked at me and nodded his head and held my hand again. He then led me to a bench where we could both sit down.

When we had sat down I felt weird.. not as if I knew something bad was gonna happen I just felt as if I need water. I gently rubbed my throat.

"Do you need water Tanjiro?" Mui asked. I nodded my head. "Yes please.. my throat feels as If it's on fire.." I said with a chuckle. "Hn.." Mui pulled something out of his pocket. It was a canteen. "Oh.. it seems my canteen is empty.." mui said.

He gently opened it and turned it upside down and only a single drop of water came out. We both sighed. Mui put his canteen away and got up. "There is a well just around the corner.. do you also need to refill your canteen?" Mui asked.

I nodded my head no. "Nah I forgot my canteen at my estate! Heh.." I said with a nervous heh at the end. He just nodded. "Okay then I'll be right back." He said and started to walk away. I wanted to go with him but he didn't ask me to come with him so I just sat on the bench and waited for him.

As I sat on the bench waiting for mui to come back a women came up to me. "Hello.. do you happen to know where the nearest inn is..?" The women asked. She had black hair with blue eyes. Her skin was pale and she wore a black kimono.