Chapter 4: Failure

Later at evening

"I wanna date a British guy." Soonyi said.

"British guy? You can't even speak English." Soyeon scoffed.

"I thought you liked Soochul?" Hana dramatically said.

"Ah he is nothing compared to Lieutenant Lee, he lacks a bit mature charms. Mr. Lee made me realize my standards. He's so cool, totally my type."

"I don't understand why you like him. He's annoying."

"You don't have a chance with Soochul anyways." Sooyeon sticked her tongue out. Ha na rolled her eyes.

"By the way, Yujung don't you like Tae man?"

"W-what no what are you even talking" She nervously laughed.

"You two look cute together", I teased her.

"Forget about me, tell me about you?  I've caught you staring at Chi Yeol many times.", Yujeong raised her eyebrows as she put her hands on her hip.

"Huh what nonsense!" I scoffed.

"Woah y/n, do you like him?",  Soyeon said.

"No I don't!!" I stood up, "I think you should be worrying about them now." I said while pointing outside.

They all turned around to see Dukjung and Taeman was sneeking.

"Yah Yah guys, those animals are right outside." Soyoon said.

"Aish why do we have to dry our underwears here."

"Exactly, what if they steal it?"

"Ahh is he staring at me now?" Hana gasped.

"Yahh Perverts."

"I just got goosebumps."

"How long are those perverts were there?"

They were talking and I took the chance to go outside. I was going downstairs and saw Chi Yeol was taking the trash outside. It's the time now, I have to be there now. I ran past Chi Yeol.

Chi yeol POV

I was taking the trash outside then saw Y/n running.

"Hey, Y/n-" I called her but she didn't answer so I ran behind her to see where she was going.

I saw her trying to stop Ilha and Younghoon's fight.

"Your parents must be happy now that there's less trash in their house, you piece of shit."

"What the fuck did you just say?" He punched Younghoon.

"Guys stop, please stop." She got pushed by them.
I caught her, "C-Chi Yeol, please please stop them now, It's about to fall." She was panicking.

I tried to stop them but they were beating each other, "Guys, it's enough stop now." 

Then suddenly we heard a loud noise, it fell down...the sphere.

"Woah, it's my first time seeing the sphere this closely." Ilha was amused by the sight. I was so shock that I couldn't move.

"Guys Let's not go near it, it might be dangerous." I tried to stop him.

"Too bad, that jerk got my phone taken or else I would have gotten so many followers by posting this."

"Why don't you post your bullying then? I'm sure It'll go viral." Younghoon smirked at him.

"You son of a bitch." Ilha pushed Younghoon toward the sphere.

Your POV

"Yoonghoon get away from it." I was about to go to him when the sphere opened up that I  had to back up.

"Younghoon!" I screamed.

Before he could even react, the sphere pulled him inside. Chiyeol and ilha was so shocked that they froze.

The sphere was spreading it's tentacles toward us when "Watch out!!" Lieutenant Lee came and shoot it. The sphere turned into it's own shape again.

"Guys, are you alright?" Ilha was speechless, Chiyeol was crying and I was blaming myself for not being to save him.

"You said my students are safe here then why Younghoon.." Ms. Park was crying.

"I'm sorry, we couldn't predict Private Younghoons death." Lieutenant Lee looked down guiltily.

"He was not a soldier, he was a student."

"I hope you'll keep as a secret for now."

"I need to talk to my students." She left.

"Chiyeol it was not your fault. It was an accident." I was trying to comfort him but he was continuously crying.

"Kids, are you alright?" Ms. Park entered the room panicked. I nodded since no one was saying anything.

"Don't blame your self. It was just an accident. You can take few days off if you want to. What do you say? And please tell the others that Younghoon got hurt and went home." 

Chiyeol looked at her with teary eyes. She sighed.

"I failed to protect my student." She started crying with her heads down. I went to hug her.

"I'm sorry kids.." she held me hands.

"It was no one's fault." I rubbed my hands on her back.

We were going back to our barracks when Ilha kicked Chi Yeol to cause him fall, "You heard, Ms. Park. Don't run your mouth infront of others." I helped him to get up.

"Yah Kwon ilha! Behave yourself, you're not the only who's shocked by the incident."

"It wasn't even my fault. He just got unlucky." He scoffed.

"You really think so?" He glared at us and left.

"Chi yeol are you okay?" But he slightly pushed me and left.

I think I should leave him alone for now.

Chi Yeol POV

Everyone was talking about that loud noise.

"Did you hear the noise?"

"I wonder what happened. We're not even allowed to go outside."

"Chiyeol, Where's Younghoon?"

"Uhm h-he got hurt and went back to home." I was stuttering.

"All of sudden?"

"He must've gotten hurt pretty badly."

"I hope he's fine."

I felt guilty for lying to them. Ilha was glaring at me continuously. I looked away and went to my bed.

Your POV

I couldn't stop thinking about Younghoon. I failed to save him. I failed..

Am I gonna be able to save everyone or do I have to see them die infront of my eyes...?