Chapter V: Bidding Night

Chapter V

•Fabio•

"Ehem, Sir matunaw."

I annoyingly dropped the wrench I was holding when Reuben came to my workplace and even blocked the sight.

"I didn't call for you here-"

"Past lunch Sir. Dimo ba sya papakainin?" He asked while pointing at Rowena sitting on my table the studying the piece I was finishing on my laptop. Then, I checked the time. Honestly, I can't concentrate working here while she was there probably observing everything. It's just that, I'm used to work either alone or with my brother, but Kuya Falco was busy right now. He's preparing the things na isusunod nya kila Fred at Hugo. Yung mga gamit at papers ng dalawa, duon muna sila for the meantime sa ibang bansa while Lola is undergoing treatment. My brother will be going there with Ate Raki and their two kids. I'll just visit there once it's my other brothers quarter break. Besides I can't leave this project.

"Just give it to her, busog pako. Itabi mo yung sa'kin," bilin ko sakanya. He just nodded maliciously at me before leaving me alone. Napailing nakang ako. We we're at my workplace. An establishment I purposely bought with my first income to be the machine laboratory although the company building had it's own laboratory, because of the incide I became more cautious that only few people knew this exist. It was located in Sta. Maria Bulacan, Philippine Arena was even peaking from this place. It has all the equipments I need, from small tools to large one. It has a built in counter which was beside my table that is directly facing to where I was working right now. I had to do trial and error adjusting the parts to match the original program of the robot. I had to repeat all the algorithms while installing the parts one by one.

When Reuben left, napalingon ako ulit kay Rowena but I was startled when she was already looking at my exact direction that I hit my left hand with a power tool. Napalingon ako sa kamay ko, it started bleed. I was just about to get up when she already reached me carrying the first aid kit on the counter.

"It's bleeding, let me hel-"

"Kaya ko-"

Before I even finished speaking she already grabbed my hand and started cleaning my wound.

"You should've been a lot more careful. You didn't even wore your PPE properly. Don't get distracted by me, Mr. Morgan. Your working with sharp tool-"

"Stop nagging me will you?" Singhal ko sakanya. It's frustrating me even more.

"And I'm not distracted, I'm also not frustrate, and it's not worth-"

"You've been frustrated since this morning, admit it.  Nakabusangot yang mukha mo, kumakalampag yang mga gamit mo knowing you've always been careful around your own belongings, you've been eyeing me from my place from time to time, you've been doing that part for an hour and all over again, I just happen to know how much you want to work all by yourself and I understand that but this is my work Mr. Morgan. It is my work to observe the progress of your project and make sure it will get the deal. I don't know if talking to you this way will still ease your frustrations, but you need to focus, lilipat nalang ako ng pwesto," she added while finishing my hand and not looking at me. Then, she left me saka nya kinuha yung gamit jya at lumipat ng pwesto.

Bumuntong hininga nalang ako. I don't even know why I feel like I'm going to explode in frustration right now kaya lumabas muna ako saglit at sumagap ng hangin. I grabbed the e-cigarette from my pocket at humihit dito. I just took few puffs before re-entering my place and trying to focus. I continued to work, but then I needed a hand to help me hold the part that I was installing.