chapter 7

Amara's POV

I got ready for shopping. I was nervous and kinda afraid to be with them knowing that they don't like me.

I was scared that they would bully me.

But I've got no choice but to bear with it.

I was wearing the same dress I wore when I first came here. A black full sleeve t-shirt and a black track pant. It was comfortable but worn out. I decided to keep my hair down.

I looked myself in the mirror one last time and got myself out of my room

When i came down, i realised no one had come and i was the only there. So I decided to wait for them. Anyway, I wasn't close enough to them to barge into their room and remind them of our task at hand.

I sat on the couch in the living room.

I was getting bored and just kept on glancing at the stairs every now and then, hoping for them to come faster so we can just get the shopping over with.
Because I really don't like crowded places, and the mall is a crowded place. And even more when it is Sunday.

I sighed, getting frustrated. It would have been much easier for me to live here if they behaved nicely with me.

And ever since I got to know that cole is acquainted with them, it had become harder to trust them.

I was soo caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear the footsteps behind me. Till the person announced himself.

"Oh good morning Amara! Going somewhere?" I heard the person speak and immediately froze recognising the voice.

It was Cole.

I was trembling from head to toe. My breathing got heavy as if I was going to have a panic attack. I tried to control my breathing, not wanting to look weak in front of him.

He came in front of me and sat on the couch opposite to me.

I looked at him, wide-eyed, wondering how he got to know that I was going somewhere.

He said while smirking,"what? Surprised to know that I know you are going somewhere."

I didn't utter a word. It could be that I was scared to speak to him or maybe i just didn't know what to say. Honestly, my feelings were all mixed up.

Suddenly I heard rushed footsteps descending the stairs.

"Oh Cole! You are here. Enzo's calling for you. He is in the office." Said Antonio, while folding the sleeves of his grey t-shirt. He was also wearing brown pant. All in all, it looked simple but still he managed to look rich.