chapter 10

Amara's POV

I was sitting in the corner of the basement, with my knees against my chest. I tried to hide my head in between my knees.

My whimpering echoed throughout the basement.

My clothes were not on me. I was completely bare. Shivering from the cold air that hung around the basement.

"Shhh... We don't want them to hear you. So be quiet." He said in a warning tone.

" Cole... Please. d-don't do this... You treated me like a s-sister." I stuttered out, hiding my head further into my knees.

" But you are not my sister, are you?" Cole said, fake pouting.

He crouched in front of me and took a strand of my hair and slid it behind my ear. His arm fingers crawling down arm. I trembled in fear. My body starting to shake as I started crying.

He stood up and straightened his suit.
"You don't learn from your mistakes, do you?" He gritted out.

"Stand up and face the wall." He ordered but I didn't move an inch.

" I said stand up and face the wall!" He hissed out, hitting the ground with belt.

I flinched and instantly stood up and faced the wall, still sobbing and hiccupping.

I wrapped my arms around me, hoping to cover myself from this demon. My long hair did a good job at covering my back from his eyes. But he moved my hair from my back and slid them to my front. Revealing several scars.

He came behind me and whispered in my ear, " you should have listened to me and now, you have to face the consequences." He sighed.

I heard footsteps moving away from me.

Smack!

I woke up with a gasp.

My breaths are coming heavy. I looked around myself, snapping my head around. I breathed a sigh of relief on knowing that I was not in that basement. My face was wet with my tears and sweat.

I was still on the floor. Guess i didn't get up from the floor last night.

I got up from the floor and looked at the alarm clock.

It was 9 in the morning.

I trod towards the bathroom and without thinking anything else, I took off my clothes and stood under the shower, letting the cold water slide down my body.

I sighed.

Those days were horrible.

I ran my hand on the scar that was on my right thigh. It was a large gash. Cole gave me that because I tried to reach out for help from a police when I had a chance. But turns out, the police was a man of Cole's.

Out of anger, he had broken a bottle and scratched me with it on the thigh.

It was so painful. The blood had kept on rushing out of me. It was a flood. I had begged him many times to give me some painkillers but he wouldn't let me have them. I begged him to let me bandage myself but he wouldn't let me. John and my mother would let him do whatever he wanted, never stopping him.

In the end, I had passed out but the next morning I was all cleaned up.

It was terrifying and always made my skin crawl. I had been beaten up many times but I always managed to take care of myself right after the beating.