Chapter three

It's finally fourth hour, the last class of the day, and the teachers tell us about the project we got—a Romeo and Juliet play thingy—and how she was going to pick our groups and then our parts

Ok, so in the first group, we have Athena playing Juliet, then Xavier playing Romeo, Tyler, Javelin, and Jordan are the peasants, and Dominic and Jayden are the fathers. Y'all can pick one as Romeo's father and one as Juliet's father.

Next, we have Darrien and Joslynn as Romeo and Juliet, then Amir, Jaden, and Alanis as the peasants, and David and Ethan as the fathers. You guys can also pick if you want to be Romeo or Juliet's father.

The teacher finally finished her instructions, and DD looked pissed. He goes up to Xavier and says, "Better not try anything with Athena or I'll have to boom you. I grab his arm and stop; it's just a project. He screams at me, yes, but it's one about love, and the main characters kiss, and guess what? You're a main character.

I get quiet. The teacher walks by us and says, "Is there a problem here?" DD responds, "Yes, Athena's not doing the project if she's paired with Xavier." The teacher replies, "David, it's none of your business what Athena does." DD responds, I'm not letting my girlfriend go act like a couple with some other guy.

I looked at him in shock. He just said that I was his girlfriend in front of everyone and didn't even ask me to be his girlfriend. The teacher tells DD that if Xavier wants to switch spots with you, he can, but that's up to him; otherwise, nothing is changing.

Dd looks at Xavier, and Xavier says, "Nah, I like my part." He says this, looking at me with a smirk. Dd looks at him, saying, "Word 2, you pull some shit, you're dead. The teacher said, "Ok, DD, go to your group, or I'll have to send you to the office. Dd sucked his teeth before walking by Notti.

We started practicing for our play thingy as soon as the teacher handed out the scripts. We started reading through them until we got to the kissing scene, and he actually tried kissing me. I slapped him because even if it wasn't true what DD said about dating, if someone says they're dating someone, why are you going to try and kiss them?

The whole class looked as they heard the sound of the smack, and the teacher asked what happened, and I replied that he tried kissing me. DD looked up, pissed, as he walked over to Xavier and punched him in the face. They broke out into a fight.

The teacher ended up having to have the principal break it up by bringing me, DD, and Xavier to the office. The principal starts questioning us, and Xavier tries lying, but me and DD say at the same time how he tried kissing me. The principal gives me a day of IS and DD two days of out-of-school suspension, and Xavier gets a half day, which was the rest of today.

The principal called my mom and asked her if she wanted to pick me up for the rest of the day. She said she'd be there in twenty minutes.

Skip to when she arrives

She comes in, talks to the principal for a little, then drags me to the car. Once we get in the car, she starts screaming at me, "You've barely been at this school a week and are already getting suspended." I whisper to mom, "He tried kissing me; all I did was slap him." She says that's not what they told me; they said your little boyfriend beat his ass. I gulped before saying, "Mom, I don't have control over what he does, and he's not my boyfriend.

Well, I don't care. I don't want you hanging out with that boy. I don't hear anything about you getting into trouble. Your phone is gone for the rest of the year. Don't think I'm playing with you because you're still getting your ass beat when we get home because of what happened at the new school, and you're not going to get in trouble.
(Just a fyi, her mom doesn't really care about her, just her representation.)

We pull in the driveway, and she tells my stepdad he can have his way with me. He looks at me with a smirk before dragging me up to my room. He pushes me on the bed before slapping the sh*t out of me. He ends up punching me in the face, giving me black eyes. He pushes me off the bed. He kicks me in the stomach multiple times before leaving the room.

I cry myself to sleep, still on the floor, not having the energy to get up.

A/N I know this is short but it's cause this just a chapter to give y'all a update their will be better I'm just sick right now and don't feel like writing a lot give me y'all initial thoughts