(no) angel.

"fuckin' opps," i growled under my breath, staring at a spot on my wall cause i didn't have shit else to do. "i want my damn phone baaack." two, almost three weeks of me without my phone and me being on my best behavior, they didn't give me my phone back. i was stuck in the house all the time, and the only way i could leave for something that wasn't going to school was if i went with val but she only went to her ugly-ass boyfriend's dorm for hours at a time.

my parents are so backwards. i'm 60% sure that most times she's over there, val and omari be doing sexual things. or maybe not, she's kinda scared of the d, but that's beside the point; i don't see mommy taking her keys and her phone. maybe it's cause val is in a relationship and i'm not, and mommy's a sucker for love. maybe she's punishing me cause i'm trying to have fun with my teenage years without the pressure of a relationship, and she thinks i'm going about it the wrong way. she probably thinks i'm a thot, but it's whatever.

i just don't understand why she's hard on me now. ever since that day that she slapped me, nothing was the same. i swear, everything's all "rei, go do this. stop being so loud. get out of my face." and she's not the same jovial mommy that used to dance with me to my music when she came in my room. what, is it cause i'm exploring my sexual side and she doesn't like that? what happened to all the feminist talk she gave us that said women should be just as free to be sexual as men are? i wanna ask her so bad but i'm not about to start no shit with her; honestly, imma stay the hell outta her way until she gives me my shit back. moody ass.

speaking of moody ass people, val came in, tossing her messenger bag on her bed and herself right along with it. she sat up then pulled off her precious air force 1's using the soles of her shoe and threw them into her closet. after that, she curled up on her bed facing the wall with her back turned to me.

val was never the same ever since she came back from st. louis this summer; she was defensive as fuck, always moody and now had this perpetual thing where it seemed like she was ready to square up if you even looked at her mr. miyagi faceass the wrong way. like, valhalla, please, you're not gonna do shit to me. i wasn't a fan of her stank attitude so i barely fuck with her anymore though we used to be the best of friends.

well, i know i said i didn't fuck with her anymore but i thought now would be the time to make amends, since i didn't have anything better to do and i wanted to make sure nobody was messing with her. that was my job, nobody else's. "lily of the val-leyyy," i called in my singsong voice. i crack myself up with name puns.

"what."

i ignored her sharp tone and tried to keep my cheerful, playful mood intact. "what's wrong?"

she turned over to her other side and looked at me. "omari's dumb ass, that's what. fuck him and his chin hairs he calls a beard."

"what'd he do? do i need to beat his ass, make that hairline straight? cause if that's the case, take me to where he is and i can sucker punch him. like, knock knock, it's me, rei. and he opens the door and i'd be like, wuhpa!! and knock his skeet ass over cause it hurt, and sit on him and break his arm. if you want." i offered. depending on what he did to my sister, i would've went and put my plan into action with or without her consent.

i got a genuine chuckle and a smile from her. "no, that's not necessary. but lemme see, we were chilling, having a good time and then we were talking about my future plans, he wants me to stay in this city for college and be close to him but i told him i'd rather go to SLU down in st. louis, i like it better there than i do here. he didn't understand that; he started getting mad, asking me why exactly i want to go back to st. louis so bad then he started jumping to conclusions, talking 'bout some, 'you just wanna go down there and see ole girl from july, i'm not stupid.' then came the argument, we were yelling at each other, i threw an orange at his head, called him a dumbass and he called me one right back so it was more name calling and i threw something else at his head but i missed, said 'fuck you!' then left."