worst behavior.

[ jamilla rei in the multimedia ]

        whoa. some intro that was. very... dramatic, stoic and serious. very un-rei-ish. (well, except for the dramatic part.)  can you and me just... start over? i swear i'm not stoic or nothing. more like... a ball of kinetic energy on my best day, and fun on my worst. 

        this morning, i rolled over at around, eh, 5:00 so i could get to the bathroom first. since there's five of us in the house, the top floor bathroom is the most coveted space in the morning, but i take the most time because not only do i shower, but i gotta do something to my hair and put my face on. so i'd be damned if someone messed up my flow this morning, the first day of school.

        i had fun waking up the whole house by screeching along to sevyn streeter's 'sex on the cieling' while i was in the shower. however, i didn't have fun looking at my mom raheema's unsmiling face after she knocked on the bathroom door. "oh, hi, mommy." i chirped, then i tried to hug her with one arm as i held onto my plush towel with the other arm. she didn't hug back, and when i let her go, she stepped back with her arms crossed over her chest and a mean mug on her face. damn, what'd i do now? i thought. 

the mean mug was replaced by a small smile. "little girl, what you know about sex on the cieling?" she asked, with a playful glint in her eyes.

"nothing, other than the fact that it's impossible, thanks to gravity." i grinned. 

"m-hm." she nodded, unconvinced. "you need to hurry up and get ready, though. your brother and sister still have to get ready."

        i nodded, then went back into the bathroom. it was gonna be too hot to do too much of anything, so i just put my hair up in a super high ponytail, which i braided. it looked cute and i was satisfied with it, so i stepped out of the bathroom only to bump into my brother, malcolm.

"move out the way, ugly." he said, shoving me out the way. his eyes were barely open, so how da fawk could he call me ugly?

"i'm not ugly!" i countered, getting in his face. "ooh, you need to brush your teeth."

        "and you need to fix that ponytail, ole avatar lookin'-ass." he flipped my ponytail, then shut the door to the bathroom. this was all playing, of course, since he knows like i know that i ain't ugly. and i do not look like nobody off of avatar, thank you very much.

        i went back into the bedroom i shared with my sister, val, and she was still laying down. "vaaa-aaa-aaallll!" i sang, snatching her covers off of her. "wakey wakey, it's time to get up so that we don't miss the bus!" 

        "fuck that bus," she grumbled. seems like this morning, the tables were turned - all the people who weren't morning people were morning people today, and then the people who were morning people (cough, cough, valhalla) weren't. universe, what you doing today? playing a joke on me?

        "ooh, looks like someone stayed up too late. tell mr. college man that you still have high school to go to, so y'all don't need to be on the phone all night anymore." her boyfriend omari was in northwestern university as a freshman, majoring in god knows what. he didn't really wanna be in college ; he was just there so he could have a valid reason as to why he came to chicago, chasing some girl who was a whole two years younger than him. (it's a long story, but lemme tell you, it's a story!)

she hung up her phone, then got up and stretched. "you might as well have told him yourself, since you already know we were still on the phone," she yawned.

"hmm, true. i just like embarassing you," i smiled. she just shook her head at me. "what you wearing today?"

"camo shorts, jean jacket, black shirt, air force ones. nothing new... why?"