growing up

You're about to witness quite a few times skips that might be a bit confusing so my apologies ahead of time- sam

7 years later

Your pov:

7 years pass as the man you've grown to know a Jack krauser took you under his wing. Training you, coaching you, and teaching you about the world. But you just weren't some little boy anymore, tomorrow would be your 17th birthday and little to your knowledge your last day with krauser September 30th 1998. You never forgot your brother, but krauser had told you many times that everything in the explosion perished, no one surviving.

The next day

You open your eyes, sitting up and wiping the sweat off of your brow. It was just another nightmare, a nightmare of your days with the umbrella, the test, the experiments, It all still haunts you. Remembering what day it is you sigh "happy birthday Evan" you Mumble before getting up and putting on a f/c (favorite color) t-shirt and throwing on a pair of black sweatpants. Lazily making your way into the kitchen noticing krauser already at the table. "Hay Jack what are we doing today?" You said before turning to look at the man

" actually y/n I'm going to be going away for a while so I'm transferring your care to another agent in raccoon City since you're not yet an adult" the casualness of his answer almost making you spit out your morning coffee. "WHAT?!? Why are you just telling me this now? Where are you going?" You said with surprise and shock evident in your voice "classified" was all jack gave you in return. "You should go pack your things and get ready we'll be leaving soon" how could he be so casual over this?

Did he not care at all? I mean he must have his reasons. You down the rest of your coffee before going into the bathroom, looking in the mirror you're messy brownish black hair all over your tired face, although the pink and blue tips do give a nice touch you think to yourself still surprised Jack let you do it. You grab your toothbrush before running it under water and putting a glob of the sticky blue paste on it before shoving it in your mouth. Mind still going 100 miles an hour on what was going on with krauser.

You try to get your mind off of it taking the toothbrush out of your mouth grabbing the bottle of Listerine on the side of the counter, swishing and gargling the minty liquid. After brushing your hair you leave the bathroom, Jack already ready at the door with your suitcase that you assume he packed. "Took you long enough kid" he said in the same gruff expression as when you first met. "Yea, yea let's just get going" you say in annoyance that you have to leave in the first place. Hopping in the passenger seat as Jack begins to drive to the military base, you'll need a chopper to get to raccoon City.
You always thought the name was funny, raccoon City. Who names is city after a raccoon. Spacing out you barely notice when the car stops, krauser hopping out of the driver's seat signaling for you to exit the vehicle as well. Leaving the passenger seat and opening the back door to grab your luggage, you follow closely behind krauser. You arrive at the roof you and krauser getting in the back, seconds later the aircraft takes flight making its way to raccoon City.

Dawn starts to grow near making you tired but you can see the city lights in the distance. Well, what you thought was City lights. As the aircraft gets closer you see crowser's eyes widen. What. The. Hell. The entire city was in chaos, hords of people that look like they've grown mad roaming the streets. Krauser looks at the pilot who not surprisingly has a shocked and horrified look on his face. "Keep moving we can't stop here" krauser says glancing back down at the city.

As you move over the city and the helicopter looking down at what ruins there were, you notice a police station. What looks like a person running from the inside shooting the plague civilians, your eyes widen "SURVIVORS" you gasp allowed not realizing just how loud you were. Jack not acknowledging you though, a sinking feeling in your stomach wondering if whoever's down there is going to be okay. The flames giving you flashbacks to that night, the night you were saved, the night you lost your brother.

Sorry for such a short chapter but I'm trying to get a few out- sam