deep within

Your pov:

you both approach the cabin giving each other side glances, Leon turning in your direction giving you a firm not before taking it upon himself to enter first. You follow closely behind, as you enter you see a man pacing around the kitchen mumbling to himself. As you walk to the other side of the cabin taking in its contents. Out of the corner of your eye you see the man hunch over a fireplace, hearing Leon trying to converse with a man in Spanish, spotting something you look down.

Picking up the badge of the officer in the passenger side, you notice blood smear to cross it. Eyes growing wide swiftly turning "LEON-". Not being able to get another word out as you see the man swing an acx Leon, drawing your pistol, skillfully aiming it at the man's Temple. Only for Leon to shove him off and kick him into the side of the wall. "What the fuck" you Mumble as you go over beside Leon to look down at the man. Short-lived as you both hear a loud scream coming from somewhere in the house "let's go" Leon says turning and sprinting for the the other room, putting a key in a lock you didn't even realize he picked up.

Both of you jogging down what appear to be basement stairs, guns drawn and ready. As you get closer you hear the voice a bit better it sounds muffled.... Almost staticky? "What is that" you say more to yourself "I don't know but it sounds like it's coming from in here" taking one hand off of his pistol, signal you to get behind him. Taking his hand and opening the door both of you looking around. Leon's flashlight meeting a body on the ground "HAY" he says before brushing over.

Both of you staring down at the bloody mess soon realizing the screaming wasn't coming from him, but his walkie-talkie. Leon quickly picking it up "I read you. What's your situation?" He says in a worried tone, all that comes back though is muffled Spanish screaming. "Fuck" the frustrated blonde says throwing the walkie-talkie "what the hell is going on here" the frustration evident in his voice, turning to you going back to his normal expression "we need to find Ashley and get out of here" and with that he began to walk back up the stairs. Taking one last look at the body "yeah no kidding" you Mumble to yourself before following him.

As you get to the top however you both noticed more crazed civilians, one running at you on your left. Barely time to notice Leon shoves you into the wall on your right, shooting the man in his head. "I had it under control" you say looking up at him, his baby blues meeting your e/c ones as he pauses for a moment "I could tell" he says shooting another one.

You get up too, the heat rising to your cheeks from embarrassment. You were supposed to prove yourself on this mission not get your ass almost slaughtered. After the base level was clear you and Leon find a set of wooden stairs leading to another level. They look so old and dirty you felt as if you were going to fall through any second, you didn't tho. Getting lost in thought is you and Leon enter a room, there was a board on the wall full of pictures connected by red string. " Ashley Graham" Leon mumbles to himself taking down her picture.

Leon contacting hannigan to let her know that Ashley was likely in the village. You just stare blankly something you've been doing a lot of on this trip. How much does Leon know about you? Going through your mind every 10 seconds. You envied him, being born, having significant purpose. No no stop, you tell yourself not another existential crisis.

"Hay y/n you okay?" You hear from your left not realizing you blanked out again. "Uhhh yea" you're not too sure if that was the truth. His eyes not leaving yours so you give him a somewhat reassuring smile.

--------------

I had school today so writing was a bit harder sorry for the short chapter just wanted to get something out so if it seems like everything is being made up as it's written that's because it is lol don't worry though I have somewhat of a plan- sam