Chapter 17

Whenever I saw Chris in the hallways, he was always with Natalie. I wonder if they are secretly dating. Natalie was a blonde girl who was wearing black ripped jeans and a leather jacket. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw cuts on her arm because she looked just like an emo. This time I saw them, Chris had a serious face on. He also looked kind of sad. It was depressing to see him like that.

I also wonder what they talk about. I never knew Chris was interested in girls like Natalie. Well all I knew was that I had to stay out of it. Just worry about the letter and shout-out, I told myself over and over again.

Natalie didn't sit with us anymore. She sat in the table next to where Chris's table was. I saw her go to Chris's table. He was just nodding to whatever she said. I was just staring at them when Liz and Ciara called my name loudly. "Stop screaming. I can hear you."

Liz "um...listen Miley. Ciara and I are invited to Natalie's birthday party. Are you...?" Oh so now the chick has a birthday party. Ooo I know what Chris will gift her...A KISS. And then the next thing you know, they'll be in her bed together naked...and you know the rest.

Me "no, I'm not. Anyways, when are you guys going?"

Ciara "it's next week, but listen Liz, lets not go. We could go to the mall or the-" I cut her off before she could say anything.

Me "no, you guys go and enjoy." I said with a fake big smile on my face. Who even wants to go to her freaking party?!

I wasn't really mad or sad that Natalie didn't invite me. She hated me so of course she wouldn't. I just pick up my bag and leave. "I'll see you guys later." I don't know where I was going, but I needed to be away from everyone. I don't know if we were even allowed to just go outside so I went to the courtyard. The courtyard was in the middle of the school with flowers, bushes, and small trees. I lay in the grass for a few minutes and close my eyes. It was nice out here. This was my favorite spot in our school. It was just beautiful.

When the bell rang, I went to my next class. I was kind of tired and sleepy. After class, Natalie comes by my locker and hands me her birthday invitation card. She left immediately without meeting eye contact. Wtf!? Why was I invited? I was like her enemy. Maybe she wanted to humiliate me in front of everyone. God knows what will happen that day...