Enri's feelings

>>Mavis

Night loomed over and I sat on the edge of the open corridor staring at the sky. The palace has such a big and vast architecture that it would make anyone feel small. I relaxed looking at the distant darkness when I heard someone approach me.

"What are you doing here?" Enri walked toward me from the other end of the corridor.

"Nothing," I replied, "Just looking at the sky."

He turned his head to look around at the sky and smiled. It was a full moon today and thus a bright night. One part of this huge hallway is open and leads to the training grounds and other open areas while the other side is closed with walls and doors, leading inside the palace.

"The moon is beautiful." He smiled softly, "Isn't it?" Making my heart skip a beat.

"Uh," I nodded as my heart began to act weird, "Yea," He came and sat down next to me, making me feel all nervous but he seemed fine. I guess he just said it because he really found the moon pretty and doesn't know that the phrase, 'The moon is beautiful' has another meaning, "Are you done with your work?" I asked trying to distract myself.

"Yea," He seemed a little relaxed.

"You look relaxed." I said, "Did something happen?"

He smiled, "Just thinking." While he was looking at the moon, I couldn't help but stare at him. He's really good-looking. He looks dashing with and without his uniform but he looks the most savory in his tight shirts and those soldier pants.

"About what?" I asked softly. That red hair of his just looks so good on him too.

"That I'm glad I found you." He stared at the moon, "I was afraid I won't be able to." He turned to look at me.

AH~

That soft expression of his that he rarely shows will be the end of me.

"I'm sure you would have found me no matter what," I turned my head away subtly and looked at the sky.

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because I don't really have anywhere to go."

"Ah," He chuckled softly, "I see," I glanced at him. Seeing him laugh lightly brought me joy and it made me feel warm.

"Say," I swung my feet, "Is there something going on with your family?"

"Hmm?" He knitted his brows, "What makes you think that?" As soon as I mentioned his family, his expressions changed.

"Just," I glanced at him, "When mom attacked you, you said something about your mom."

It hit him, "Ah!" He looked away, "That..." A frown came over his face, "Yea..." And all the relaxed features of his tensed up.

I placed my hand on his that was resting on the floor, "You seemed really troubled all of the sudden..." I wanted to give him a kiss, "Is everything okay? You probably haven't recovered completely. "You shouldn't have come to me so fast!"

"I'm fine," He said but didn't remove my hand from his.

"What are you thinking about now?"

"Just, about what if's,"

"What?" I got confused, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"What if you left?" The look in his eyes, that look of innocent sadness made my heart flip and my cheeks flushed.

"I already told you, I have nowhere to go really..." I bit my lower lip softly, "So I would have been there for the next few weeks..."

A gentle smile spread across his face that made my chest squeeze. It was a smile of reassurance. He placed his hand on mine which was on his, "That's a relief to hear."