Jealousy

>>Mavis

I dressed up nicely, no, I was dressed up nicely by the female guards because everyone knew I was going out with Enri. And of course, that also earned me a lot of teasing but I didn't mind it much. I've learned that this all is just the guards being excited and anticipating things.

It was about ten in the morning and I walked to the main castle gates where Enri was waiting for me. Most of the guards were on duty, so no one came to see us off but the moment Enri saw me, a soft smile spread across his lips, and seeing that made my heart skip a beat.

Hehehehe

He wasn't in his casual clothes today, but he looks awfully dashing in that uniform as well!

"Ready?" I reached him and asked the question.

"Of course," He replied and presented me with his hand, "Let's go," Looking at his hand made my heartbeat rise. Are we going to hold hands!!!??

OH MY GOD!!!

I slowly moved my hand and placed my hand in his, "Yes," I answered him shyly. But when he closed his hand my heart did a flip

WEEEE!!!!! This is nice!!!!

And we started walking with a pleasant start to our date!

I didn't have any specific reason for coming out or visiting the market. I just asked him out because he was coming with me! We didn't do much, just talked and stopped at the market stalls to look at stuff. Somewhere in between, we let our hands separate and though it disappointed me, I was still happy we got to hold hands for a little while!

Our topic of discussion was pretty much centered around my life with the guards and how I was doing as a trainee.

Other than that, just like he said, there wasn't any malice around us. Well, at least I didn't sense anything hostile. On the contrary, I noticed people stealing glances at us but it was more out of curiosity.

But I guess, most people would know what I look like and it's understandable that they'd be curious about a water creature.

I didn't pay them much mind. I just wanted to enjoy the fact that I was out on a date with Enri. Before lunchtime, my eyes spotted a shop that was selling hairpins and small jewelry items.

"Enri!" I grabbed his arm, "I wanna check that out." I pointed at the stall and then ran toward it.

Since the captain was also keeping an eye out, he didn't follow me immediately but I knew he was right behind me. I went ahead and started checking out the items while he took his time and came to stand behind me while I did my thing.

>>Enri

I know I didn't receive a bad report but I wasn't expecting this.

As the captain, I'm able to see even the subtle reactions coming from people and I don't like what I'm seeing.

So many men are eyeing Mavis. They kept stealing glances at her and many of them weren't out of pure admiration, and I didn't like it.

"That must be the siren,"

"You mean the mermaid?"

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"Gosh, she's really pretty." Men and women all around were talking about her.

"I heard her sing the other day, AND WOW! It was the most melodious voice I'd ever heard."

"Oh yea! Agreed!"

It was fine till then, but then the talks got worse.

"I heard she's single." When I heard people talk about wanting her, something flared inside of me. Something similar to what I experienced when I saw Mavis play around with the male guards.