Travel Plans

It was a perfect autumn day. You really couldn't have asked for better weather. It was the crisp 75 degrees and there was a bit of a breeze as Jake and you approached the ticket desk. Despite it being an away game for the Longhorns, there was plenty of burnt orange in the sea of purple.

Jake and you were in matching jerseys except Jake was wearing his USS Theodore Roosevelt embroidered baseball cap. He explained that it was the very first aircraft carrier that he had landed on so it held a special place in his heart.

You and Jake had just reached the ticket counter when the lady at the desk asked.

"Are you a part of the armed forces, sir?" She asked and Jake glanced at you for a moment before nodding.

"Can I see your card?" She asked, Jake already had his wallet opened and showed her his DOD card.

"Is there somethin' special going on for military members?" Jake asked, glancing down to make sure you were still near him since it wouldn't be hard to lose you in a crowd like this.

"Yes, it's our military appreciation game day. Military members and their families get in for half off." She explained glancing at you. "Just two?"

"Yeah, for the away side," Jake explained, reaching down to hold your hand as you were starting to drift from him, busy studying some sign-off in the distance.

"Excellent, here you go sir. Please enjoy the game. And thank you for your service" She smiled as she slid him the two tickets for the away side.

"Thank you, ma'am. Let's go, babe." Jake tucked his wallet back into his jeans as he started to lead you toward the opposite side of the stadium.

"Everything okay?" You asked stretching your stride to match Jake as he weaved through the people.

"Yeah..." Jake's response puzzled you a bit as you made your way to the concession stands and then to your seats.

You were sat up a bit since it was just general admission tickets, but you didn't mind too much. Currently, you were in the sun but later on, in the game, you would be in the shade.

"Something botherin' you?" You asked looking up at Jake who was just staring off into the distance. His eyes were covered by the aviators he always had on him.

"Just weird being carded and getting a discount. Usually, everything around the base isn't discounted for service members." Jake explained as he tucked his wallet back in.

With one roll of his shoulders, he seemed to get out of the mood he was in and appeared again as usual Jake.

"We are in Texas. Texas appreciates its service members." You pointed out as you opened your phone up and started playing one of the games as you waited for the game to start.

"We gotta get in our game selfie." Jake pointed out as you turned and leaned into him. Both of you smiling as Jake snapped the picture.

"Send that to me please." You asked as you glanced back down, pausing as a memory flashback came through your mind. Making you smile, feeling some of the heat creep back up your neck and cheeks.

"That hot and bothered by a picture, Darlin'?" Jake asked and you shook your head.

Looking away from him to gain your composure back before looking at him.

"Just thinking about last night." You admitted since no one had filled the seats around you yet. You felt a little brave talking about it.

"Good" Jake smirked as his hand landed on your thigh, his fingers gently digging into the fleshy inner thigh.