four

Anita's

I almost tripped on the stairs when an arm suddenly wrapped around my waist preventing me to fall, I could have fall face flat on the ground. Jesus.

I was so surprised to see Jennifer saved me from falling. Yes, she's the one who saved me, I couldn't believe it too.

"It's cute to see you without your ugly specs but it's troublesome having you without it either" I heard her say while her arm is still on my waist, she's so close so when I realized how inches apart we are, I quickly pushed her away from me, she just laughed at my reaction.

"If you didn't take my glasses, I wouldn't be troublesome to you and why do you care anyway?" I said then looked at her angrily but she remains unbothered.

We're here at the school entrance, our class is finished so it's already dismissal.

"Are you gonna buy your new glasses today?" She asked all of a sudden so my eyebrow raised at her thinking why is she asking me that out of nowhere.

"Why?" I asked, then crossed my arms at her.

"I'll come with you" she suddenly said making me stunned, am I hearing things?

"What? Why?? Are you planning something-" she quickly cut me off.

"No, silly I was trying to be nice to you just for a day, I have a car. Think about it, it's more convenient than walking down the streets-" "I can grab a cab you know-" "but it'll cost you money, when you come with me it won't cost you anything" she doesn't take no for an answer does she?

"C'mon needy, it won't hurt if you come with me for a day, I'm just trying to help. Do you think you can get to the mall having an eyes like a blind person?" I still didn't speak up and just stared at her like I'm doubting her whole existence right now.

"I won't do anything I promise, do you think I'll crash my own car just to ruined your day or something?" She seriously said so I contemplated for awhile.

"You won't?" "Of course I won't you dumbass, I wouldn't get us killed just to make fun of you! I'm not stupid to do that geez needy" I smiled when I saw how done she was at me, well she couldn't blame me for not trusting her enough because hello? She's Jennifer Check, my bully? So how can she supposed to think that I'll trust her easily like that.

"Fine, you won't stop until I'll say yes anyway" I said defeated, then leave her by the entrance of our school then turned to her again.

"Where's your car?"

++++

"Why are you doing this anyway? Why are you trying to be nice to me all of a sudden? Are you having a bet with your friends if I agree to come with you or not?" I asked her while she's already driving to the near mall.

I just couldn't believe we're here in this situation, like I'm with Jennifer and she's accompanying me to buy a new pair of glasses. That is so unusual.

"I don't have friends" she answered nonchalantly so my head automatically turned towards her direction.

"What do you mean you don't have? What about the people that's always around you? Your cheerleading team? The boys? Aren't that your friends?" I said being confused why she's saying she doesn't have friends when in fact she's the Jennifer Check.

"They're just always around me because I'm Jennifer, I am me. That's it." She replied like it's the obvious reason.

"They just always like to stick with me because its either they want me or they want my popularity. I don't even have real friends and I don't consider anyone" she also said so I went silent for awhile, now I totally get it. I thought being popular and beautiful like Jennifer is really cool, but hearing Jennifer's side makes sense to me somehow.

"Why did you suddenly get quiet? Don't tell me you feel sorry for me" I came back from my senses when I heard Jennifer spoke again, so my head turns to her again for the second time.

"N-no, I don't. It's just that I think I finally understand you now" I told her then smiled genuinely. Like I swear that's the most genuine smile I gave to someone, someone like her.

She didn't say anything but just smiled on what I said, it's not a smirk that I always see or a fake one, it's her real smile this time.

I don't know but for some reason, I want to see that smile on her face more often from now on.

"We're here"