six

Anita's

"My mom's not around tonight, she works night shift for a couple of weeks" I said when I noticed that she's looking around, maybe she's looking for anyone here at our house.

"So you're alone for a couple of weeks too?" "That's right, make yourself at home, I'll look what I can make for dinner in the kitchen" I lastly said before leaving her in our doorway.

"So what are we having?" I heard Jennifer's voice but I didn't say anything because I also don't know what's on our kitchen right now.

I immediately opened the fridge to see what food my mom left for me, a cold roasted chicken was the only one left that's ready to cook here so I quickly turned to Jennifer, I know she was just watching me rummaging through our fridge all this time.

"So this roasted chicken is the only one left here in the fridge, is this okay with you?" I asked making sure if she's okay with it while waiting for her reaction, I mean I don't know if Jennifer is eating a roasted chicken like this. Based on her body, I know she's on a diet. Her body is perfect.

She just stared at the whole chicken that I was holding, maybe contemplating if she'll agree with me or not. But when she looked at me, she immediately smiled then nodded.

"Are you sure?" I asked again because I was thinking if she's forcing herself to agree because she saw how unsure my face is.

She just rolled her eyes at me saying, "geez needy, I already said yes. Don't make everything so complicated" she said, annoyed. I just lowered my gaze because what if I get her annoyed too much then bully me again-

"As long as it's edible, and it's from you, it's okay with me" I was startled when she's already infront of me and touched my hair so my eyes quickly darted to her face.

Her blue eyes looking at me again. . .

"Okay, great!" I quickly said then pulls away, breaking the tension between us.

I put the chicken in the oven, reheating it then prepare our plates and utensils on the dining table. Several minutes later, the oven clicks. So we finally start eating.

++++

"Thanks for the dinner" she said smiling when I walked her from our doorstep.

"Well this is it, the day's over. So I guess you'll be back from being a bitch again tomorrow" I said jokingly but we both know that's a fact.

She just chuckled at my remark then looked at me again with her tired eyes, I just know base on her face she just wanna rest for the day. Now I feel guilty for some reason. I mean it's her choice to accompany me for today but I still feel guilty. Tho it's her fault why I need to buy new glasses.

"Here, I'm giving it back" I was taken aback when she showed me my glasses that she took two days ago.

"Why are you giving it back?" I asked, still surprised. I thought she threw this away already.

"Duh, because it's yours to begin with needy" she said like it's the obvious.

"Yeah I know. I mean, why did you even wait for me to bought a new one when you'll gonna give this back to me" I said with my forehead creased when she handed me my old glasses.

"Because the new one suits you better than that, but I'm giving it back because it's still yours" she answered then shrugged.

"So, you just took this away because you just thought it doesn't suits me??" I said in disbelief. I can't believe I've suffered with a blurry shitty eyes just because Jennifer thought my glasses sucks. Talk about being a big jerk.

"Yeah" she said smiling like she's proud of it. Ugh, she's unbelievable.

"Alright, I'll be going" she told me after she opens the door.

"Be safe, it's already midnight. Take care Jennifer" I lastly said when she's already walking back to her car outside.

I just watch her leave but I got this feeling like. . . I don't want her to leave yet. . . What the hell is wrong with me??

I don't want this day to end. I don't want her to be back from bullying me again, I want us to stay like this.

I have the urge to stop her from leaving and. . .

"Jennifer!" All I know, my intrusive thoughts just win over me.

She looked back at me waiting for what I've got to say.

I just stand here for a minute looking so dumb and stared back at her.

"D-do you. . . Want to stay the night?" I said, griping my old glasses in my hand when I finally got the courage. She just smirked at me while her hands are in her croptop white puffer jacket like she's expecting this to happen.

I hope I won't regret this after.