seven

Anita's

"So, why's the sudden sleepover Lesnicki?" I heard Jennifer's voice while I'm brushing my hair infront of my vanity table.

I already changed my clothes into a comfy one, Jennifer doesn't have extra clothes so I lend her my comfy clothes for awhile.

I turned to her and left so speechless when I saw what she's wearing, I mean that's MY clothes she's wearing but. . . That's my old shirt that is small to me now, and now it looks like a crop top to her, not to mention she's JUST wearing my unused underwear. She didn't even bother to wear shorts, pajama or anything. JUST MY UNDERWEAR.

Maybe she noticed that I was staring at her for too long so she just chuckled at my reaction.

"What? This is how I dress when I'm about to sleep, it's comfy for me" she explained even though I didn't say anything.

Maybe it's my fault for letting her choose whatever clothes she wants in my closet to wear, but then again, even if I gave her the ones I chose, she wouldn't wear it anyway.

"Is that my evil dead tshirt?" I asked when I saw my old shirt she's wearing. It's been so long since I saw that shirt of mine to be honest but she still found it maybe at the very bottom of my closet.

"Your other clothes are so lame I didn't see some salty ones so I just picked this one" she replied and just shrugged, already climbing on my bed. I just watch her unbelievably.

I don't know what's happening but for some reason I'm having a hard time breathing, I don't even have asthma or something.

"You didn't answer my question Needy Lesnicki" I snapped back to reality when she talked again.

"Why's the sudden sleepover?" She asked again laying on my bed already, her body is facing me sideways.

"Umm. . . It's already too dark outside, I'm just concerned because it'll be my fault if something bad happens to you. I mean, my conscience will trouble me because I was the last person you were with" I said so she just nodded slowly with a playful smirk on her face.

"What? It's the truth" I said but it looks like I was being defensive so she laughed.

"I didn't say anything. Come here now" she said and tapped the spot beside her, I just complied and lay next to her.

"Are you gonna sleep already?" I heard her asked when I closed my eyes.

"Aren't you gonna sleep yet?" I asked back, then looked at her.

"No, I'm not yet sleepy" she just replied and played with her fingers.

I got up and sat beside her. "So why are you being a bitch towards me?" I asked out of nowhere because she doesn't want to sleep yet, might as well talk to her for a bit. Besides, that's the question I really want to asked for so long because I'm the only person she's bullying in school, I never saw her being mean to other students except me. She's not nice to everyone I guess, but she's not annoying them like how she annoys me everyday atleast.

She just looked at me, thinking maybe if she'll gonna answer my question or not.

"Right, it's because I'm a nerd, a dork, ug-" she didn't let me finish when she quickly cut me off.

"No! No, it's not that" she quickly said then looked away. This is the first time I'm seeing Jennifer looks so nervous and agitated.

"Do you hate me that much Jennifer?" I asked because if it's not because of what I look, then what? She's hating me for an unknown reason.

She heaved a sigh and finally looked at me again. No, she stared at me for a minute again then she suddenly get near me and slowly lifted up my glasses to my head. I suddenly stop breathing because on how close she is.

When I was about to back away on how close she is to me, she quickly held my arm. Not letting me get away just an inch from her. I just gasped mindlessly from that simple contact.

"Don't pull away from me" she softly uttered at me like she's gotten cautious of me.

"J-Jennifer. . ." My mind is completely a mess right now on how close our faces are, I couldn't think straight anymore and just stared at Jennifer's gentle eyes.

"Are you scared?" She asked all of a sudden but I didn't reply, it's like my brain just short circuited on what's happening.

"I won't gonna bite you" she said then fixed my hair behind my ear.

"I like your new specs but I really like you more without it" she said out of nowhere so I didn't know what to reply. She just stared at me with that blue eyes of hers like, I don't know. Like I'm so precious to her or something.

"I don't hate you needy, I couldn't even bring myself to hurt you" my eyebrows quickly furrowed of what she had said.

"But, why are you being mean to me? Didn't you know how it affected me so much Jen?" I said getting frustrated but I saw concern in her eyes and quickly held my cheek. Why is she being so affectionate and so clingy all of a sudden?

"Listen Lesnicki, I know this is a big shitty reason but. . ." She trailed off. "What? What's the shitty reason Jennifer?" I asked again getting irritated but my irritation quickly changes to shocked and disbelief when I felt her lips into mine.

My eyes are so wide while she's kissing me like I couldn't process what's happening and what I'm feeling right at the moment.

Her lips are so soft and it's like I just came back to my senses when she pulled away then looked at me with her deep blue eyes once again.

"I like you Anita, and you don't even know how much I wanna kiss you so bad when we're at the mall" she suddenly confessed but my mind isn't responding. I don't know what's gotten into me but now it's my turn to kiss her.