𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟒. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Dragging her feet across the fluffy gray carpet, Amane took her hair out her ponytail and flopped face-first onto her full-sized bed. "Ugh, I'm so full," she nuzzled her face into the human-sized teddy bear. "Why did mom have to make so much food?"

"You complain about this every year," Kei reminded as he leaned against her door frame.

"And I'll keep complaining until she listens to me," Amane groaned as she slowly rolled onto her back, draping a hand over her stomach as her dark brown hair scattered across the cream-colored bed sheets. "I'd rather start my new year with new and fresh meals. Not five days of chanko nabe. Plus, I hate mushrooms."

"Uh-huh," Kei hummed as he closed her bedroom door behind himself. "By the way, where should I put this?" He asked, waving a small brown envelope in his hand.

"In the big black book on my shelf," lifting her head, Amane nudged her chin towards her desk. "Do you see it?"

Pulling aside her rolling chair, Kei quickly skimmed the small collection stored on the built-in shelves above her desk. Eventually, his eyes settled on a thick black book with no spine title. He raised an eyebrow and pulled it out, running a hand across the golden foil-stamped title.

"Étoile..?" Kei shot her a judgmental look. "Since when could you read French?"

"It's a photo album," Amane sighed as she dropped her head flat against the mattress. "You know, the ones that parents put a few photos in for every year of their kid's life."