𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟏𝟐. 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

Amane's eyes brightened when she noticed something on the page labeled 'ten years old.'

"Remember this?" She pointed at a picture of both her and Kei dressed in swimsuits, standing on a white sandy beach that seemed to go on for miles beyond the image borders.

"This was our first joint family vacation to Kagoshima, right?" Kei hummed as he took the photo out. "I remember."

"Honestly, I don't think my parents were ready for a family vacation yet. Especially after what happened with Hirari," resting her chin against her knees, Amane laughed awkwardly. "But I think they only went 'cause it was my birthday and they wanted to cheer me up."

"I can imagine," Kei closed his eyes. "I remember my dad telling my brother and I to behave on that trip," he glanced at her. "He didn't want us taking you anywhere your parents couldn't see."

"Well, how considerate of him," Amane chuckled.

Kei turned the page, his attention immediately drawn to the first picture under the page titled 'twelve years old.'

Unlike many others in the album, this photo was in a vertical orientation. Amane stood to the side with her arms outspread and a wide smile, posing beside a mini telescope that barely reached her chest.

"Kei?"

"This telescope..." His voice trailed off.

"Oh! It's my first telescope," Amane said, finally realizing what had him so entranced. "And also my last one. I was so excited when my parents agreed to buy it for me for my birthday. But I honestly have no clue where that thing went. Mom probably donated it or something."