𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟏𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"You were right," Amane craned her neck a little, staring at a poster of STAR*CATCHER from their debut concert she still kept hung up by her door. "I was chasing after a version of my sister that didn't exist. A version of her that only existed in the mind of a little girl."

Kei watched her quietly, the photo album resting on his lap. "Do you think Hirari would've been a successful idol?"

"I think she would've been an idol," Amane hugged her knee to her chest. "Even now, I still think she had the talent to make it into a company. But with her personality, I don't know if she'd ever make it to the place I did."

"Aren't you the humble one?" Kei huffed out a laugh.

"I worked hard. I think I deserve to gloat about it at least a little," Amane smiled before averting her gaze. "Everything I did, every step I took, every appearance I made, it was all to cultivate that image of a perfect idol," her eyes dulled a little. "It was exhausting. And the worst part about all of it was that even though I was exhausted, I could hardly sleep, " the curvature of her lips dropped flat. "Every night as I laid in bed, my mind would just... race with so many thoughts. What should I say at tomorrow's interview? How would my sister handle this wall between me and my group members? Is all of this good enough for her?"

Kei turned his attention back to the photo album, flipping onto the next page labeled 'nineteen-years-old' and spotting a photo of Amane and her parents in front of the gates of Sendai University. "You know, it's a miracle you managed to get into university despite all that time spent away from school."