𝐩𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟏𝟔. 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐩

"Now that I think about it," Amane's eyes flickered upwards. "After that TV drama aired, I started getting super busy."

"I remember," Kei continued to look through the page labeled 'sixteen-years-old.' "And I can tell, based on how many more pictures this spread has."

From movie posters to perfume advertisements, photos of Amane's achievements continued to be plastered on the album pockets that came after her birthday. And judging by how heavy the 'seventeen years old' page was, it didn't seem to slow down.

"I think that's when people stopped asking for STAR*CATCHER as a group and started requesting me personally," Amane's awkward laugh echoed through her bedroom. "Balancing all those on top of lessons and school work was a huge chore."

"I don't understand why you didn't take a hiatus from school," Kei glanced at her. "You always had the choice to."

"Getting an education is important!" Amane was quick to respond. "I wanted to go to the same school as you and Tadashi and graduate in the same year also. And plus," she paused a little. "Going to school was like the only thing that kept me sane at the time."

Kei raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, my days were always jam-packed with rehearsals and stuff to do with my idol activities. And even though I got to travel all over Japan, I only really got to see the places I visited through the train station or the venues we'd perform at. I couldn't even hang out with my friends in public 'cause if I got caught with some guy, it'd ruin my reputation," she grabbed her star-shaped pillow from the side and hugged it close to her chest. "It's an idol's job to sell a dream, but it felt like I was living a dream but also not really at the same time."