Prologue

LEO watched the angel statue from the fountain as it swayed loosely in the wind. He watched as the girl fell, slowly out of the sky. He watched as she unfurled feathery wings behind clouds, silvery hair waving in the wind. Leo smirked, getting up and running across the ridge of the fence he been sitting on. He hopped off, his bat-like black feathered wings billowing, practically floating him into the sky. His eyes glowed like green fire, his pupils almost narrowed slits. His smirk never left his face. And then he was gone.

His wings were set straight, and he glided through the sky, as he scanned the clouds, looking for the silver haired angel. Leo tilted his head, spotting a wing feather ahead. He sped up, inclining his wings into a downward tilt. He spotted a glimpse of a white feathered wing, which made him smile even more. An angel, truly.

Leo tilted his wings as he burst through the clouds, blinking before his eyes focused on a figure plummeting to the ground. His eyes widened slightly, and he zoomed towards it. The angel. Slightly confused, Leo got closer, and he saw the faint silhouette of her feathers falling, curling, rotting. The realization made him stop in his tracks. She was Falling. Her wings blackened, featherless, and pointed. Bat wings. Leo froze, as a tempest of memories he'd managed to keep boiled under were brought to the surface, blurry silhouettes of those that were long gone. Of course. He threw his thoughts back to the matter at hand. Her feather, that he'd seen, no wonder it had fallen. She herself was Falling.

Despite the severity of the moment, Leo wondered what the girl had done. Falling, well it wasn't easy to fall. Unless the Higher Angels judged your sin as a corruption, you'd get off with a light rap on the wrist. Unless...

Leo stopped. Now wasn't the time. He couldn't save her, or help her. That led to Oblivion. It was better to Fall. The pain, fear, delirium of Falling was horrifying, but Oblivion was worse. Falling, was a mere slice of what Oblivion was like. Even so, Falling, left the one Falling with extreme confusion. Many fell to their deaths, due to a lag of reaction from their brains.

So when this girl snapped her head towards him, her bright blue eyes sharp and focused, and frowned at him, Leo was surprised. Rarely, anyone was able to see if they tried. But here, now? That was nearly impossible. It shouldn't be possible. But here she was. Leo mentally came to a conclusion. This Falling angel wasn't normal. That was interesting. He liked interesting. Besides, she'd already seen him.

Leo flew forward, matching her falling rate, so he was level with her. "What'd you do?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow. The girl only smirked.

"I murdered."