Chaper Seven

"Zerces!" Red shouted, her blood pumping with adrenaline in the midst of the fighting. Red thought she spotted a hint of light blonde hair through the chaos, and she jumped into action, running.

"Z!" She yelled, grabbing a seraph blade from her jacket's inner pocket. The blonde-haired man turned at the sound of his name, not catching the Demon shadow's impending strike. Grunting, Red tensed and threw her blade at it.

It was a solid throw, and met with a satisfying thud as its target was disintegrated and it fell to the ground. Red planted one foot onto the concrete, pushing her weight and leaping into the air. Flipping mid-air, she dodged the boy and crouched, landing and grabbing her blade off the ground.

"Show-off." Zerces mumbled. Red smirked momentarily. "We need to get to Ryn...somehow." Zerces raised an eyebrow. "You just told Leo that the only option left was mass evacuation, did you not?" Red shifted her focus to the large smoking monster behind Z. "That's true. But if anyone can do something, its us." She said confidently, turning around. The pang of doubt was strengthening in her mind, but she couldn't let Z know that.

"Help me get close to him." She said, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He opened his mouth, most likely to protest, but instead closed it again, simply nodding. "Come on." She murmured softly, gripping the seraph tightly in hopes of comfort. Red broke off into a run yet again, Zerces' heavy footfalls behind her. As shadows lunged at them, Red merely ducked and cpntinued, her path havng only one destination in mimnd. Zerces covered for her, sladshing and dispersing the weaker shadows, trapping the darker ones with his magic.

She saw a Wendigo, in the body of a little blond girl, fall at her heels, and didn't look back, although she could imahgine the scene.

Frosty ice creeping over the little girl's skin, and slowly, slowly the child would freeze. As she froze, cracks would run through her body, her ice sculpture form, and she would crack away into a thousand pieces of frost.

Red ran ahrder, pushing more, going faster.

Wendigos were powerful beings, and Avisa couldn;'t afford to bewithout them. They weren';t as disposable as every other secies, no matter how many opf them there might be.

A shjadow lunged at her, but Red focused on getting to Ryn. she was getting closer, close enough to feel the chaotic, contradicting winds, smoke, and Auras all blending into one miserable battle.

"RYN!"

Her high-pitched scream was stolen by the rough storm, but the Demon pup registered the noise. It was Ryn, to some point, to an extent, tooentranced in energy to focus. "RYN! YOU BETTER FOCUS ON ME RIGHT NOW!" She yelled, closer than bfore. Red mildly felt like a sper, cutting through the air, or maybe her seraph blades. The demon dog turned its head to face her, glowing red and black eye, smoke everyehere, and Red jumped, seraph in hand, ready toi strike if Ryn didn't turn back.

If he hadn't recognized her by then , she'd have to kill anywyas, because he very well was gone.

Time slowed for a moment, as the red changed...

To blue.

Swerving her blade, Red swivelled in the air so that her back hit Ryn. The impact made her groan, but she slowly sank down to the concrete, sliding down the demon's morphing body. As she lay on the ground, a high-pitched bark reassured her.

For a second she was incredibly aware of everything. The cuts and calluses on the palms of her hands, the wound in her side from a surprise attack, and all the bleeding that was happening, from the smallesty cut to the larger ones, she was aware of them all.

Each breath felt like a breeze, as powerful as the hurricane raging around her, every sound was richer, louder, and her mind was so surprised by the enrichment, she felt the shock pulse her brain set out, trying to figure out what exactly was going on.