Vote

I quickly changed into black leggings and a floral printed t-shirt after Bella had fallen asleep, pulling socks on as I jumped down the stairs. "Dad, I'm heading to the Cullens." I told him, slipping my shoes on at the door. Before Dad could respond, Leah spoke up.

"Why?" She asked. Her face twitched a little. "They're dangerous, Aspen."

"I know, but they won't hurt me." I assured her, grabbing my jacket. Leah grabbed my arm. I turned to her.

"Please." She begged softly. "Don't...dont go..."

"I..." I trailed off. I sighed. "I have to. They don't know what's coming, and I have to tell them." I gently pulled my arm out of Leah's hold. "I'll call you when I'm heading home, ok?"

"Uh..." Leah trailed off. I gave her a smile.

"Great. Bye Lee, see you Dad." I smiled at the two before closing the door behind me. I raced through the woods, back towards the Cullen household. I slowed when I reached the hidden household. Everything was lit up, it was a stark contrast to the rest of the times I had come to keep the house clean. The door was almost thrown open and I was met with a tiny Vampire squeezing me. "Alice." I squeaked. "You're...you're crushing me."

"Sorry, sorry." Alice said, backing away, a frown tugging at her lips. "Why do you smell like a wet dog?"

"Probably because I've been hanging out with them the past couple months."

"Wolves aren't good company to keep." Alice told me.

"Gods aren't good company to keep and I spent my summers with the God of Wine, but...I have news, it can't wait."

"Yeah, ok." Alice said with a nod. I followed Alice into the house. The other Cullens were coming from the other parts of the house. Emmet pulled me into his arms and lifted me off my feet.

"Put me down, Emmett, we don't have the time for a warm welcome." I said. After a quick greeting from the others, we all sat down in the dining room and I went through everything that was happening. In turn, Alice told me everything that happened in Volterra. I understood

"Are you sure that it's Gaia?" Carlisle wondered. "Entirely positive?" I nodded.

"I told you, she visited me in my dreams, she wants me to join her because we share powers, but I refused her because...well, the Gods, as flawed as they are, we need them to keep the world in balance."

"I agree."

"What does that mean for us?" Rosalie asked.

"None of you have to worry." I assured. "Us Greek Demigods, and Roman if they agreed, can handle it."

"We can't let you do this by yourself." Jasper protested.

"We can. And we will. We fought the Titan Kronos and won, we can do this too." The Vampires then turned, and Carlisle stood, heading to the entryway. I watched as Bella walked in with Edward, and I rolled my eyes, looking away from them as Edward pulled a chair out for Bella to sit down.

"The floor is yours." Carlisle said.

"What is going on here?" I demanded.

"Well..." Bella trailed off. "I'm hoping Alice has already told you everything that happened in Voltera?" I scoffed, looking away.

"Everything." Alice assured.

"And on the way...?"

"That too."

"Good, then we're all on the same page." Everyone was silent. "So, I have a problem. Alice promised the Volturi that I would become one of you. They're going to send someone to check, and I'm sure that's a bad thing, something to avoid. And, so, now, this involves you all. I'm sorry about that." I felt Bella's eyes on me, but I refused to look at her. "But, if you don't want me, I'm not going to force myself on you, whether Alice is willing or not. Please, let me finish. You all know what I want, and I'm sure you know what Edward thinks too. I think the only fair way to decide is for everyone to have a vote. If you decide you don't want me then...I guess I'll go back to Italy, alone. I can't have them coming here. Taking into account, then, that I won't put any of you in danger either way, I want you to vote yes or no on the issue of me becoming a Vampire."