Cheater

I went to pick Bella up from her job out at the Newtons Olympic outfitters store. I parked out front and waited for her. I could faintly hear the sounds of someone complaining about some massive creature roaming the woods. Dad said that no Monsters ever came here because they were deterred by something. Could this creature be that? Bella got in the cab and muttered to me. "I don't want to go home yet." She said. I nodded and started to drive. The rain was pretty loud. I drove aimlessly, through empty side roads and weird routes that would take us anywhere but home. Out the corner of my eye, I saw Bella clutch her chest. I glanced over at her woridly. I may not be a child of Apollo, but I've been in the infirmary more times than I'd like to admit, and you pick up on a couple things. My eyebrows pulled together over my eyes as I pulled over. Bella curled into herself, tears running down her cheeks. I quickly unbuckled and scooted over, pulling her into me. Bella cried, clutching my shirt so hard I thought she'd rip it.

"It's ok." I soothed, carding my fingers through Bella's hair. "It's going to be ok. I know it hurts, but you'll be ok." She soon started to breath easier, and she sat upright. Through the rain, we could see two motorbikes sitting on the curb. Bella pulled herself from me and got out of the car into the rain. I scrambled to follow here. They were sitting in front of the Markses' front yard, a lovely old couple that used to babysit me when I was younger. "You can't be thinking what I think your thinking." I said.

"Dad doesn't want us to be reckless or stupid, why not be just that." Bella strode to the front door. I scurried to follow her. She rang the doorbell and one of the Markses' sons answered.

"Bella and Aspen Swan?" He questioned.

"How much do you want for the bike?" Bella asked him.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am."

"They don't work." Bella huffed.

"How much?"

"If you really want one, just take it. My mom made my dad move them down to the road so they'd get picked up with the garbage." Bella glanced back at the bikes.

"Are you positive about that?"

"Sure, you want to ask her?"

"No, I believe you."

"You want me to help you? They're not light."

"No, we don't need any help." I but in, stepping in front of Bella.

"Might as well take both. Maybe you could scavenge some parts." I nodded.

"Thank you!" The boy closed the door.

"How can we get all of those bikes into the truck?" Bella asked as we strode over to them.

"We really need to catch you up on Dad's history. Us Demigods possess enhanced strength and abilities, I'm not sure how much you'll hold because you're only one-quarter God, but." I shrugged as Bella opened the bed of the truck. I flexed my fingers before grabbing one of the bikes and picking it up with ease. I managed to lift it into the bed with little to no effort.

"Wow..."

"Question is, where are we gonna go with these things." I added the other bike to the bed of the truck. "We can't go to Dowling because he racks up his prices, and he knows Dad quite well."

"We can go to Jacob Black, Billy's son? He fixes cars up."

"That's a relief. Are we gonna go see him now or wait a bit?"

"Now. Do you remember the way to La Plush?" I nodded.

"Yeah, Sam Uley and I used to date. I know that place like the back of my hand." I secured the bikes onto the truck. "Let's go." We hopped into the bed of the truck, cranking the heater up as we drove to La Plush. I remembered the Black's house was a local gathering spot for almost everyone when I was little, and I'm not sure if it was the same or not nowadays. Driving up to the Black house, Jacob hurried out of the house to meet us. We hopped out of the truck as Jacob hurried up to Bella.

"Bella!" He greeted.

"Hey, Jacob." Bella replied.

"Ok, I don't come back one year and you forget about me?" I teased. Jacob turned to me and grinned.

"Aspen!" Jacob wrapped me in a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!"

"You grew again." Bella said.

"Six-five." Jacob replied proudly.

"Are you ever going to stop? Your huge."

"Still a beanpole, though. Come on in, you're getting all wet." Bella and I followed Jacob into the house as he tied his hair up in a bun at the base of his neck. "Hey dad, look who stopped by." Billy was in the small living room reading. He put his book down and wheeled forward when he saw us.

"Well, what do you know!" Billy greeted. "It's good to see you Bella." The two shook hands. "And look at that! Aspen!" I smiled as I lent down to hug him. "It's been a while."

"Trouble at Camp." I told him. He nodded in understanding. "But it's great to see you again."

"What brings you out here? Everything ok with Charlie?"

"Yes, absolutely." Bella answered. "We just wanted to see Jacob, we haven't seen him in forever."

"Can you stay for dinner?" Jacob asked excitedly. I could tell that Billy was eager as well.

"No, we've got to feed Charlie, you know."

"I'll call him now." Billy said. "He's always invited."

"It's not like you'll never see us again. We promise we'll be back again soon, so much you'll get sick of me."

"Okay, maybe next time." Billy chuckled.

"So, Bella, Aspen, what do you want to do?" Jacob asked.

"I wanted to talk to your dad, actually." I said. "There are some things that I'm not sure he knows about and I want to make sure he's caught up. Just grab me before you go, ok Bells?" Bella nodded as she and Jacob left.

"What is it?" Billy asked me. I pulled a chair up and sat close to him.

"He came back." I admitted. Billy's eyes widened.

"Kronos? He rose?"

"He did, but we managed to hold him back, and we stopped him." Billy let out a sigh of relief.

"That is...that is a miracle."

"I'll say. But, I think I should tell everyone, at the same time about the more intricate details." I looked down. "Some of them are a bit too hard to say more than once." Billy nodded.

"Very well. I'll call a meeting of the Elders, you can formally introduce yourself to them, and explain your parentage to Sam and the others." My eyes widened.

"Sam shifted? That's great! But...why didn't you tell him about me?"

"Your world and our world may be similar, but much like it is for us, it's is not my place to speak on behalf of others." I nodded as well.

"Just give Dad a call, make a day with him and I'll show up."