002. it's all messed up

first days of August of 2017, London

"Hi, dad. What's up?" Isla asked as she walked into the living room. Her father was seating on the couch watching some sports programme. 

It's been two weeks since she got back from Miami. Her life has changed since then. Diana and her had opened their business. Moreover Moore signed up to a make up school. She's been very busy these days but still managed to find some time to visit her parents. She spent the weekend with them and her sister Amelia. It was a great, carefree time and it's overwhelming that she has to go back to her duties. She'd love to stay with mom and dad and not worry about anything. And by that 'anything' she meant Daniel, who wouldn't leave her head even for a second.

Dad: "Oh, nothing. Just watching some interviews with formula one drivers. Want to join me?"

"Nooo, it sounds so boring. I think-" a familiar face that showed up on the screen wouldn't let her finish her sentence. He was there, on the TV. No, this can't be him, she thought. "Who was that man?"

Dad: "This one? It's the interviewer, I forgot his name..."

"No, not him. The other one with dark hair and big smile. What's his name?"

Dad: "Are you talking about Ricciardo? Daniel Ricciardo? He's a driver"

"I'll be right back, I forgot to send a very important email" she ran upstairs to her old room. 

She grabbed her phone and searched his name on the internet. He's in fact a formule one driver, a successful one. She should've just stop but she was too curious. She went on his Wikipedia site to find out he's same age as her sister. Then she decided to check his instagram and it instatly broke her heart into million pieces. He's taken. And the girl is gorgeous. 

"Wonderful..." she sighed and called Diana.

Di: "Hi, girl! Missing me?"

"I found Daniel"

Di: "We talked about it, Isla. You have to move on from this jerk"

"I know and I promise I will but I really have to tell you this"

Di: "What? Is he a spanish prince or something?"

"He's a formula one driver. I saw him on TV and looked him up on the internet and-"

Di: "Woah, enough. You have to stop or else you won't ever heal. Focus on DILA and on yourself, babe"

"But I-"

Di: "No, stop looking for excuses. I know you too well. Now block him on instagram and forget about his existence"

"Fine"

May of 2023, London