004. relief

ISLA'S POV

You walked into your office slightly late. You'd love to be a punctual person but it's just impossible to be on time when you have two sleepy princesses. Waking them up is the worst part of the morning. Not because they're heavy sleepers but because you adore looking at them sleeping so peacefully. You could've sworn they were born just yesterday. You wish they'd stay this little forever. Sometimes you think you need them more than they need you. Time flies by so fast and soon enough girls will be sneaking out to the parties. You will always go back to their first words, first steps. Picking out their outfits and asking you to play them videos of funny animals on YouTube. You can't fully enjoy these memories because of tremendous feeling of guilt that Ricciardo missed all of this because of your poor decisions. But he's not the only victim of your actions - girls also didn't have a chance to grow up with both of their parents. You're your father's apple of the eye and can't imagine life without his presence and yet you've deprived your daughters of having their own hero. It kills you every single day but it seems like you're getting used to it, because you're not any closer to telling the truth.

"Sorry I'm late, girls overslept again" you said to Diana as you sat behind your desk.

"No need to apologize. It's Friday, none of us wants to work. We're just pretending"

You just laughed at her comment and went on reading and answering the emails. Your day at work passed on meetings, chatting with Di and sipping coffee. Fridays are the best.

"What are your plans for the weekend?"

"I'll probably take girls on a little hiking trip on Saturday and maybe go to the Zoo on Sunday."

"So you're free tonight?"

"Yeah, why? Do you want to come over?"

"No, we're going out. I made a table reservation in a nice italian restaurant"

"What's the occasion? I'll have to call Amelia and ask her if she can stay with girls"

"I already called her, she said yes. And there's no occasion. I just wanted to go to a new fancy place"

"I don't like that smirk on your face, Diana but send me detalis! See you!"

"Bye, love!"

You went straight to the parking lot and got into your car. You picked girls from nursery and decided to grab some ice cream on your way home. You're sitting in the ice cream shop enjoying your scoops.

[Cecilia Caroline]

"Mommy, is grandpa your daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart"

"And he's Auntie Amelia's daddy too?"

"Yes and granny Lisa is our mom"

"Is my daddy Cecilia's daddy too?"

"Yes, honey"

"Why he doesn't live with us?"

"Because he lives in Australia"

"Kangaroos live in Australia too"

"Can we go to Australia to see daddy?"