Something To Hope For

Five years later you turned ten years old. You had the same birthday wish. To get adopted. You wanted a family more than ever. You were picked on at school for being an orphanage and was always too scared to fight back. But on your tenth birthday your birthday wish actually came true because after opening your presents you saw a nice couple walk into the orphanage and walked over to you and you started crying tears of joy when you were told by the couple that you were getting adopted by them. You were so happy that you wouldn't stop thanking them for adopting you. As the papers were signed and your things were packed up you raced to the car and was strapped into your car seat as you were taken to your new home. You were so happy when you saw that your parents were rich and you were ecstatic to see that your parents had set up a birthday party for you and you spent the rest of the day with your new parents. That evening your new parents got you a game called "The Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe" and you fell in love with this game the first time you played it. After playing your new game for a while you finally got ready to bed and before you knew it your parents came in and kissed you goodnight. "Goodnight princess." Your new dad said as he tucked you into bed and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight angel." Your new mom said as she kissed your cheek as you fell asleep and dreamt about your future. This new life was the thing you wished for ever since your parents died. This new family you were in gave you something to hope for.