🔪Act One - 9🔪

Sleeping to death

Sleeping to death.

That was all Yuna could think about right now.

The emotions she had encountered tonight, all day even, were far too much for her to handle. She had never been under more pressure than she was right now. And she wasn't even talking about the exhaustion her body was experiencing.

Between the physical exertion, the accidents during their many attempts to survive, and the fighting, she felt like she had been put under a steamroller. She could hear her bones cracking with every move she made. And she wasn't even talking about the incessant hunger.

She was starving.

She hadn't eaten anything since breakfast.

But what weighed most on her mind at that moment was the fact that she had come so close to death. And all because of one of her fellow survivors. Yuna knew it was mean-spirited of her to still hold a grudge against the girl who knew the fate she had surely met, but it was stronger than her. She hated the idea of having ended up as one of those monsters because of another survivor.

In her eyes, the betrayal was all the stronger.

Who were they supposed to rely on if they had to be so suspicious of each other?

Letting an umpteenth sigh pass her lips at the thought weighing on her mind, Yuna reopened her eyelids before closing them almost immediately at the sensation of the artificial light burning her retinas.

"Yah, don't open your eyes so fast," Tae-min warned as he hurriedly raised his hand in front of Yuna's face to protect her from the aggressive light."Are you stupid or what?"

Yuna didn't even have the strength to insult him anymore as she simply pushed his hand away."Go to hell. I'm not in the mood."

"I know." Tae-min agreed with more consideration in his voice this time."Come here. Let me look at your forehead. Does it hurt?"

Yuna immediately let out a pained hiss as he pressed on her cut before hitting him for real this time."Yah, you want to die?"

The duo was obviously oblivious to the looks thrown their way. And especially, Su-Hyeok's as Nam-ra felt her heart clench at the sight of the boy's strangely stunned expression. 

Nam-ra had always known that Choi Yuna's attraction was not just one way. They may not have known it, but she had been the first to witness the looks they exchanged when they thought the other was not looking.

It was pretty obvious when she was Yuna's direct neighbor.

"Whoa, what's with the mood?" Ji-min murmured as she approached Hye Ryong.

The redhead nodded her head clearly unaware of the impact her words had on Lee Su-Hyeok. "I know. Now that I think about it, it makes me even more curious. We've never seen Yuna so close to anyone. OMG, do you think they are secretly dating?"