Misunderstandings Part 2

"Mia, what are you doing here? I told you to stay in the lab." Chase asked me as I followed after him in my mission suit while holding onto a flashlight.

Smirking, I told him, "Bree let me go. She knows how much I hate feeling useless."

Chase sighed, "I'm sorry you feel that way but you know I don't want a repeat of last time."

"I know, I know. So since I'm here, where should I be stationed at?"

"Well Adam-" Chase stopped himself, "You know what, just stay here and don't wander off."

I rolled my eyes and mocked, "Bark."

Solence followed after as I began flashing my flashlight around the hallway that connected the dorm room to the common area. It was a comfortable silence that soon shifted the second a thought crossed my mind.

Trailing my gaze up to the ceiling as a distraction, I said, "Hey Chase."

"Mmmhhmmm." He hummed.

"Why did we break up again?" I asked, blood making it's way to my face.

He answered simply, "Well, we weren't ready. I mean I had just left the lab and you had never had a boyfriend before so us breaking up was bound to happen."

I laughed, "We didn't know what we were doing, did we?"

Chase laughs too, "Not a clue."

I shrugged and continued, "Too bad. I thought we would have ended up together in the end."

That's when Chase stopped walking and turned around to face me. I turned my head and looked at him in the eye.

"You did?"

"Yeah," I responded hesitantly, "I mean, you were my first boyfriend so I figured you'd be my first...well...everything. I guess not."

He backed away as if lost in thought and asked me, "Wait, that night outside, after our mission in space, you weren't going to break up with me?"

I shook my head, "No. I was actually going to tell you my Kim Falcon secret but you dumped me after I had finally begun to fully trust you."

Turning my head away to face the wall, I heard Chase approach me once again and told me, "I never meant to hurt you."

"I know you didn't," I sighed, holding back tears, "But you did. It's okay though. I'm over it."

"Is that why you left?" He asked suddenly.

"What?"

"Is that why you left to Harvard? Because of me?"

Turning my head back to look at him, I shook my head once again and clarified, "No. It was never because of you. It was because of our history. I tried so hard to be friends with you and just when I began to finally bear it, Sabrina came along and I just- I couldn't..." I took a deep breath, trying to calm down my tears that were pouring out of my eyes. I felt so vulnerable at that moment.

Chase reached up to wipe them away till I moved out of his reach and pleaded, "Can we just get back to the mission please."

There was no answer for a minute till I heard Chase sigh, "Okay."

I was grateful that he dropped the subject and began wiping my tears away as I heard him say in the headset, "3 am, Common area is cleared."

From my own headset, I heard Douglas respond, "Living quarters all cleared."

Perry also reviewed her status, "All clear here too. Hear that Douglas. I'm all alone."

"Somebody else say something please." Douglas pleaded.

Deciding that I should be nice, I asked Adam, "Hey Adam, how's the Weapons area?"

He answered, "It's all clear in the boom-boom room. Mia? You sound sad. Are you okay? Do you need me to come over to give you a hug?"

Before I could answer, Chase asked harshly, "Bree, status?"

"Checked the capsule dorms three times. All clear." Suddenly, the sounds of button clicking could be heard.

"Are you texting?"

"Nope."

"I can hear you?"

"Fine," Bree groaned, "I'll stop."

Once the sounds of buttons deceased, Chase's phone beeped, alerting him that he got a new message. Reaching into his right pocket, he pulled out his cell phone and read aloud, "Chase is a jerk." Clenching his jaw, he told her, "I think you sent this to the wrong person?!"

"Nope."

Lifting up my hand, I pressed the side of my headset and asked, "Hey Leo, how's the training area?" There was no response and I began to panic, "Leo?" Still no answer, "Leo!"

Soon, I began shaking and trying to catch my breath. Another panic attack. And the thought of another panic attack made me feel even more panicked.

"Mia, look at me." I heard Chase tell me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Chase looking at me, his hands on my shoulders.

Instead of listening, I just wrapped my arms around his shoulders and rested my head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

It's been an emotional roller-coaster so far.
______________________________________
"Where is he?" Bree asked the second we met up with each other in the training area.

Adam answered, "Yes. He's a 16 year old male, about 5'7 and answers to the name Leo."

Perry sighed and told us, "Guys I know your fearing the worst but you got to remember...it's only Dooley."

The second that sentence was over, the sound of glass breaking could be heard, echoing through the now silent academy.

Turning around, she pointed her thumb at me and told them, "Oh, I forgot she was here."

Suddenly, the Academy shook viciously and I felt, Chase wrap his arms around me cautiously. Once the shaking came to an end, Chase released me as he told us, "Oh no, the weapons room. Let's go."

We heard Perry groan behind us as we began our run around the island.
______________________________________
Once we were inside the weapons area, Adam blew out the fire from behind the explosive barrels as Chase sighed and told us, "That was close. The rebel almost blew up the whole Academy."

It was then we heard another scream from a different side of the island and they began running again. I managed to flash out of there without anyone noticing. There was no way that I was going with them until I found Leo first.

I wasn't going to give up on him so easily.

"Leo?" I shouted through the silent room. Also known as the common area.

I yelled again, "Leo!"

No response.

Sighing, I bent down to the ground and pressed my fingers against the cool floor. Closing my eyes, I used one of my newly aquired senses that traced even the faintest of vibrations. This power can only be used during dire situations, mainly because it sometimes gives off a beacon to where I am if not correctly used.

There were low hums coming from about every area and it was then my eyes snapped open when I felt a high vibration heading my way.

Spinning my head around, my eyes widened as I mumbled, "Oh no."

And in less than a second, I was sent tumbling across the room.
______________________________________

So here's part two of misunderstandings. Part 3 is yet to come out next week. Here's to hoping.

What do you think will happen next?

Was this chapter worth the wait?

Have a nice day/night!