No, just no.

People who get in a tight spot usually scramble for a way out. Either that, or they embrace death. Me, I do a little of both.

How you say?

Well when I feel death's inevitable grip on me, I don't panic, I accept the possible outcomes and try to defy the odds anyway as strategically as I can.

...At least that's what everyone's told me. 

My name is Amelia Renaldi but I apparently prefer to be called Mia. I've been diagnosed with temporary amnesia due to a traumatic brain injury a few months ago, forgetting the majority of my life, my parents, even my brother.

It made for an even worse funeral as I watched a man whom I've apparently known my whole life sink into the ground. No remorse, no sadness, just pity.

I pitted the woman I was before this. The woman who was dark, unable to open herself up to anyone new and unfamiliar. Every story my family has told me seemed to describe her. Describe Amelia Falcon; the fearless, emotionless ass who had no reason to be one other than she could.

Her reaction to her brother's death would have been stoic, dead, unfeeling. She would have forced them out, deciding that they were of no use to her and most likely drive herself mad with guilt over feeling this way.

But I, Amelia Renaldi, was no different. I watched his coffin sink down with no tears dropping from my eyes, a firm frown on my lips.

Austin, her/my cousin, cried silently besides me mumbling his family's chant for wishing the dead a good journey home. It was customary for their people to whisper the Rite, even for the last living member of the family to lead it. Of course, it wasn't me. Not really.  

Amelia's younger brother Matt who was fourteen led it instead. His voice shook and was filled with uncertainty.

He was to young. Too young to be facing this much loss, and as much as I wanted to help I didn't feel comfortable doing so.

It was safe to say the majority of my family hated me. They hated me for not being who they needed me to be. Amelia Falcon, hero extraordinaire!

So because of the family pressure, I left.

I'm apparently good at doing that too.

I left to go to school. I needed an escape, which I ironically found it at school. Funny, an Ivy League school took me back after being gone for the majority of the time. Must've been due to my name being known to the public now. Fun.

Leo has called a few times. I have yet to call him back though.

It's not that I don't want to...okay, it's definitely that.

I've disappointed enough people and I didn't want to disappoint the one person who believed I was still me without having high standards for who I was, like everyone else had. 

My birth mother had tried to get me to come back with her, back home. I've considered it a lot during the weeks after my brother's death, but I denied her gracious offer, giving the line of succession to whomever I see fit now that the war was over. The war my brother fought for me. The war my friends fought for me as I was here on Earth chasing after a fantasy and living my life in a fantasy bubble.

What kind of Queen was I? I didn't care about my people. To everyone, I may have the blood of both powerful Super and Villain families, but I was no royal. An illegitimate child, born of lust and not love.

Not to mention Amelia's apparent adoptive parent's who were something else. I say Amelia because she and I are very different people.

She's dark, twisty, hard to love and stubborn to the bone. I may be stubborn but my view of the world is much different than her's I've noticed.

Speaking of worlds, my mother's journal was something I read to distract myself along with my studies. It was...interesting? Kind of?

No, no it wasn't. It was just too crazy to properly pin down so I gave it back. I didn't want it anymore.

My "friend" Ethan has been supportive in my return. Well, at least I think he's my friend. So far he's been acting like someone I would like to stick around for a while.

That's...good, right?

Anyway, Ethan was currently helping me in Economics. We were studying for our exam next Friday when I got an urgent text alert from Leo.

Would it be bad to say I didn't want to answer it. I wanted to ignore the call and get back at starting over, but I knew Amelia Falcon would probably kick my ass for doing so.

"What's that?" Ethan asked, looking at my phone screen.

I sighed, "My friend. He needs help."

His eyebrows scrunched up together, "Okay."

"Should I go?" I asked, rolling over on my back.

He shrugged and responded, "It would make you a really crappy friend if you didn't."

I frowned ant looked up at the ceiling silently, thinking over my choices. Ethan watched me do so, letting me have the silence before tossing a pillow to my face .

"Get up."

Moving off from my bed, I sighed again and told him, "I really don't want to do this."

"You should," He said, "He would come running if it were you sending that alert."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Your right. Thanks Ethan."

Ethan smiled back, "Go! Shoo!"
_______________________________________
I'm trying to get Amelia back to her own roots. As I reread the story, I realized how love struck she's been and I don't want her to be, but I don't want her to be a straight up ass so she's gonna figure out who she wants to be.

I think I might enjoy this version of Mia. Maybe? Maybe I might hate her freaking guts? Who knows!