{Chapter VII}

Adora's pov 

{15 years ago}

 "Hello." A cat girl walked up to me she looked scared. She had scars all over her and clothes that were tattered. "Do you have any food?" she questioned a wobbly tone but somehow it was still firm. "I only have a little bit of Graham crackers. You can have it though." I said holding my hand out to her to try to give it to her.

She looked at me hesitantly and then took the crackers and ran off into a back ally. I got worried after a while but she came back three days later looking slightly better than she did when we first met. 

"Hey..."

"Hey."

"So what's your name stranger." I asked with an eager smile. She look like she was about to dash off until she gave me a toothy grin isn't an only right that you give  someone your name before asking there's.

It put a smile on my face to see her smile she had a beautiful smile. "Well my name, My name is Adora."

"I like it my name is Catra, wanna be friends?"

"Yes I would like that very much." I jumped out of my seat and grabbed my newfound friend's hand. "Let's go to the playground." She nodded her head and followed me. She came to the orphanage everyday we had sleepovers a lot of the days she came over.

One day I asked why she always wore the same clothes. Her eyes started to water and she backed into a corner and told me to leave her alone. I only got closer. "Hey, Catra, I'm your friend you know you can tell me anything." 

She looked at me for a while her eyes red from crying she broke after 10 more minutes. "I'm... Homeless, Adora." She told me. I engulfed her in the biggest hug I've ever given to anyone. "It's okay Catra I'm your family, I'm enough. You look out for me and I'll look out for you. Nothing will happen to the two of us as long as we stick together."

She looked up at me her eyes dilated. "Promise." She managed to whimper out. "Promise, I wouldn't have it any other way."

Her smile came back even with tears still rolling down her face her smile could light the way of any path. "Goodnight Adora." Catra said as she curled up in a ball on my lap. "Yeah, Goodnight." I cut the lights out.

{10 years ago}

"Hey Adora can I talk to you?" Catra had walked in my room with a worried look on her face. Usually when she had that look on her face she had something very important to say. 

"What is it?"

"Well, it's just that I'm ... gay." My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. I ran to Catra and gave her a hug.

"That's really awesome Catra I'm really really glad that you decided to tell me. Who else did you tell?" I asked over come with happiness.

"Well only you." I cocked my head to the side.

"Why?"

"Because..." she was on her tippy toes now holding onto my shoulders for support. "I don't like them Adora, I like you." She kissed me finishing her statement across quite well and I on the other hand was a blushing mess. 

"Was- was that okay for me to do?" Catra asked blushing and fidgeting with her hands. I had never seen this side of Catra.

"Yes, in fact I want one everyday now."

"Wait, but that would mean-"

"Yep, you're my girlfriend now." Her fidgeting and blushing increased. It made me smile even more. 

{Now}

"CAtra, why is there a dead mouse in my bed."

"What? it's a gift."

"Catra, it's a dead rat, I know you put your heart into catching it but can you not put it in the bed please." I begged getting out of the bed quickly just in case the rat was still very much alive.

"Aw, but don't you like it princess." I glared at her. She knew good and well i hated rejecting gifts even if they were gross dead animals.

"If I keep the dead mouse will you let me leave the house." Catra looked like she was contemplating then walked out of the room. When she came back she was holding some kind of wrist watch. "Only if you wear this."

"So I can go?"

"Yes."

"If I were this?"

"Yes."

I blinked twice then put my wrist out for her to put the wrist band or whatever it was, on. "Hurry please."

She chuckled. "My idiot."

"Am not."

"Are so."

"Whatever."