17- she finds mooncalves adorable

✩✩✩✩•

17. SHE FINDS MOONCALVES ADORABLE

     Henry really did love to talk, Calypso couldn't help but think as she walked alongside her friend in the hallway. He had this easy chatter that seemed to fill any silence and the topics were endless.

Not that she minded at all, in fact his chatter was distracting her from the very obvious cold chill that seemed to have taken up residence in her body. Calypso could already feel the stirrings of a cold coming on and she would be damned if she was ill over Christmas. That being the main reason Henry and her were taking the extra long route to the library, keeping in doors and away from the blisteringly cold Scottish air.

She'd already covered herself from head to toe in at least two to three layers of clothing on each body part so really, Calypso was praying to Merlin that she'd survive Christmas without the flu.

It was the last day of term before Christmas and Calypso and Henry were determined to get their heads around the last subject they'd learnt in Ancient Runes.

"... more of Spellman's Syllabary to try and get my head around some of them but, Merlin's beard, it's a hard one." Henry was frowning as he said this, seemingly still trying to figure out some of the set words in his head.

Calypso nodded with a similar sinking feeling in her stomach. Ancient Runes was, admittedly, fascinating but trying to wrap your head around all the words and tempering the translations was a headache waiting to happen.

"Just wait until we get into Elder Futhnark runes." Shivering, she pulled her jumper tighter around herself. "I saw a seventh year in the common room crying over translations."

The two of them shared a despairing look at Calypso's words.

"That's a problem for future us." Henry said decidedly then as the atmosphere seemed to feel solemn at the mention of how hard their subject would get in their final year.

Nodding at that, Calypso smiled as best she could through her chattering teeth and rounded the corner towards the library, stepping in time with Henry.

Not far down the hallway was a familiar redhead alongside a mop of brown hair.

"Look Henry," Calypso tugged at her friends sleeve and pointed past a couple of stray students. "It's Remus and Lily!"

Henry nodded then, his own eyes catching sight of the two down the hall but, as he opened his mouth to say something, the words seemed to get caught in his throat.

"Henry?" Asked Calypso, frowning ever so slightly at her friends strange behaviour. His eyes would not move.

Remus and Lily both smiled and waved as they too, spotted Calypso and Henry. Calypso have a little wave back but she was currently focused on Henry and trying to figure out what in Merlin's beard was going on.

That was when Calypso noticed the small, dark haired witch walking besides Lily. She'd seen this witch in classes before, Calypso knew she was in Gryffindor, but what intrigued Calypso the most was how adoringly Henry was staring at her. Mary MacDonald—that was her name.

Oh dear. Calypso realised what this was. When Henry developed a crush, as she'd figured out first hand, he fell extremely hard and fast.
  Calypso suddenly realised then that it was now up to her to try and save Henry from himself.