Meet n' Greet

The teacher at the desk gives out dorm numbers then flicks away the kids moving to the next. Hopping from one kid to another until it's Seth's turn. The lady at the desk says softly, "Alright, your dorm number is 314! Head over to the music room so we can show you where everything is!"

She says it so cheerfully it's almost like she's radiating light. Seth nods and drags his heavy bones over to the music room. He sees over thirty boys in the same room. The mix of smells overwhelms him, the cologne and sweat, the smell of the dusty old room. They all clash horribly. He squirms through the crowd and gets to the corner. The door slams with a loud boom quieting everyone in an instance. He looks over and sees a short older man with round glasses and a stern scowl on his face.

"Alright everyone!" the teacher booms. "Follow me." The boys just look around and do what he says. Seth instantly feels the change of atmosphere among the boys. They all have a more cowardly energy. They walk through the empty halls of the school. Taking more twists and turns then Seth can count. They get outside and follow the path to the dorm buildings. Seth is in the back of the group, he looks at the boys in front. He noticed that they have a more hostile aura around them now. Like they're planning something, he shrugs it off as him imagining things. He thinks it must be because of the gloomy weather looming over them. They enter the old building, the smell of dust and cobwebs crawling up his nose.

Everyone stops dead in their tracks, so does Seth. "Alright boys, since your heads are clearly still in the clouds I will now go through some of the basic rules of the school." The old man said sternly as he looked around the group of boys. "Rule number one, there is a strictly enforced curfew at ten o'clock every night." The teacher said, looking at his watch. "Rule number two, no fighting or bullying is tolerated. This is a place of peace and any student caught breaking these rules will be severely punished."

He paused, then resumed. "Rule number three, the most important rule, never, EVER, drink or do foolish stuff. Now before one of you boys ask." He then exclaimed with a stupid voice, "WhAt kInD oF fOoLiSh sTuFf sIr??" He looked the boys dead in the eyes, trying to be as intimidating as possible, "You know what i mean. I mean no fooling around with girls at night." That created an awfully suffocating atmosphere amongst the group.

After another minute or two in the silence that could suffocate people, the teacher shoo's away the kids. He tells them to find the room that has their number on it, he also said that the chances of getting a roommate are very high. After a bit of searching, he found room 314. He knocked to see if anyone was inside, there wasn't. He creaked the door open slightly. Still, no one was there. He entered inside with the key provided with the paper. He flipped the switch and saw his room.

The room smells like a mixture of old dust and there's a musty smell coming from the concrete walls and the old carpet. The room is small and cramped, with two small beds for the boys to sleep on. The whole room is very gloomy and depressing, making it impossible for the boys to feel at home and relaxed. The furniture is dirty and old and everything in the room is just so bleak and sad. This is definitely not the experience the boys were hoping to have. Though this was more of a guess for the other boy. Seth was pretty sure no one would like to have a room like this though.

He did hear that they were allowed to decorate the rooms this year, as long as it's mostly neutral. Like they could paint the walls, buy new furniture, and replace things that are old. The school said they will provide some of the funds too! Also, it has some character, within no time he'll have this room feeling like home. Oh wait, he has a roommate. He set his stuff down next to the left bed and sat on it. He heard a click and the door creaked open. Seth looked at the boy in the doorway, shocked. The boy was just standing there, stunned. They locked eyes and a spark ignited in Seth's stomach.

It was Felix.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Sorry about the shorter chapter! I wanted to end on a higher note, and I thought this was a good time.

Did y'all like it anyway though?

Anyway, has anyone told you that your eyes look gorgeous?

Have a great night/day!