The Forest

TW: Literally only like, one mention of a knife.
------------------------------------------------------------

Seth's face was completely white. He felt paralyzed, he couldn't move. He felt the wave of panic come over him, his heart dropping to his stomach. He just kept watching the news. Then the news reporter says, "If anyone knows anything about this case then please call 191. We will catch this person as soon as we can."

Seth's hands were trembling, he felt like he could explode at any moment. He looked around at his now enclosing walls, seeing everything trap him at a rapid rate. He curled into a ball covering his ears trying to block out the noise.

Whimpers coming out of him non-stop.

He closed his eyes tightly, trying to make everything disappear. He felt a hand on his shoulder, he whipped his head and hand around slapping it away. He crawled away from the hand not sure if it was trying to hurt him.

He curled up into a corner the darkness engulfing him. He clawed at himself trying to stop crying. He didn't even know why he was crying. He was fairly positive it was his ex but wasn't sure at the same time.

What if it was a different sweet bird? Why was she here? How did she find him again? It couldn't be her, right?

Felix was shaking him trying to snap him out of it. "Seth! Seth snap out of it! What going on? There's a banging at the door!" Seth was trying to get out of his grip but when the words registered in his brain he froze. Again. He scrambled to his feet gathering his senses. Everything snapped back into focus. He looked at the door. How had she found him already? He snapped his head around at Felix.

"Run."

With that, Felix grabbed Seth and hopped out the window into the forest. The thumping of his heart and uneven breathing in his ears. He quickly glanced behind them, seeing the figure of someone chasing them. "Felix run faster!" He shouted through the wind in his ears. The feeling of tears and dirt stinging his eyes as he entered the forest. Desperately trying to shake the figure off their tail he grabbed the other boy's hand taking twists and turns. No matter how many turns they took, the figure was still behind them.

After an eternity of running, Seth took Felix and hid behind a knocked-over tree. Both boys trying to catch their breaths from running. He had no idea how the killer was still following them.

It seemed like the boys had a tracker on them or something. . . Wait. "Felix, what do you have in your pockets?" the boy desperately cried. Felix dug into his pockets fetching a pen that was on the floor in the dorm. Seth yanked it out of his hand, throwing it onto the forest floor. He tried to bend it as much as he could until it snapped like a twig.

He looked around frantically trying to find the figure through the thick woods. His eyes landed on a spot in the woods with a blacked-out silhouette of a person. Seemed the killer had already caught up to them. Whoever it was, they had a lot of stamina.

Seth tried squinting to figure out who it was the best they could. They had a dark hood on, so they couldn't see any facial features. All they knew was the person had a knife and was most likely trying to kill them. Nope, scratch that, most definitely trying to kill them.

The silhouette looked dead at Seth. Then sprinted towards them. Seemed he was too caught up in trying to figure out the identity of the figure. "SHIT. Felix go!" Seth shouted. Felix and Seth ran without direction. They ran fast, faster than the figure somehow. They eventually shook the killer off their tail, probably. It was like the killer was watching their every move from the sky or something.

Seth looked around along with Felix, the darkness completely shrouding them. The silence covers them like a blanket. The coldness crept into their nerves. Then sound happened. The rhythmic chirping of crickets and crunching of leaves lured into their ears.
'What are we in, a scary story or something??' Seth thought shamelessly. Wait. Crunching?

Seth's head whipped around trying to find where the sound came from. His heartbeat was now in his ears, louder than ever. He nudged Felix to alert him about the crunching. Felix was already looking around though. Both boys scan their surroundings for the silhouette.

Crunch. Crack.

Seth's head slammed onto the floor. Seeing the figure on top of him. "FELIX!" Seth cried. Said boy tackling the figure and disarming them. Tumbling and tackling. They went back and forth as they were punching and kicking each other. Not only did the killer have stamina, but they had strength.

Seth tackled the shadowed killer with Felix trying to take off the cloak.

Much tumbling later the killer was pinned down by Felix. Seth approached cautiously and yanked the hood off. The killer... was a girl. The girl had a mask on this entire time?! He tried to yank the mask off of the killer.

But he hesitated. He hesitated for too long.

Taking this chance the witch kicked Felix in the stomach. Then bolted through the woods. Seth wasn't the most athletic, all that running from earlier made his legs jello. So he didn't bother running after her.

Felix was just laying there in a ball, he didn't seem to be in too much pain, but still enough pain. "Woah, hey are you ok?" Seth asked Felix, clear worry in his voice. Felix just lay there but nodded. He rolled over onto his back and looked at Seth. He gave a warm smile. Seth stared at him and smiled back.

"Help me up yea?" Felix asked.

Seth let a small giggle, then shut his mouth and grew a neon red. They sat there in awkward silence. Then they both burst out laughing. Seth held out a hand to Felix and pulled him up. Felix returned the redness to Seth. They both stared into each other's eyes for a moment. Then Seth sheepishly looked down, breaking the eye contact between them.

Seth's eyes grew larger then he jumped towards Felix, "How will we get out of the forest?!" Felix's eyes grew with Seth's marbles as well. "Well uh..." He looked around looking for civilization. "We go back the way we came...?"

"Well, where was the way we came??" Seth lashed out. It's been ages since he's talked to someone, let alone talk like this. Felix looks down, then Seth's eyes softened. "I'm sorry, I'm just really on edge," Seth said. Felix nods in agreement.

"Yea well, you're right. Which direction did we come from?" He looks around the forest. "Hey wait. Can't we just walk towards the light over there?" Felix asks. Seth's head whips up.Lo and behold, he was right, there was light.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Idk about this chapter- 

I felt the pacing was too fast. 

Your thoughts? Any suggestions?

Also, your shirt looks really good, where did you get it??
If you don't have a shirt on, then your abs are chiseled af.

Have a great day/night! <3