Epilogue

Something old

"Daddy! Dinner!" Karina shouted as soon as she stepped inside the apartment.

The man sitting on the couch turned his head. "Are you always this loud with Minjeong too?"

Karina smiled. "She's used to it." She went to the kitchen to prepare the dinner she had bought earlier.

Mr. Yu stood up from his seat, turned the TV off and went to the kitchen to help his daughter. "Where is Minjeong?"

"She had to pick up something at her parents' house," answered Karina. She went about the kitchen, taking plates and bowls out of the cabinets and placing the food carefully on them.

"For the wedding?" He asked, watching his daughter.

"It's not a wedding, Daddy. How many times must I tell you that?" Karina went to the large trashcan to dispose of the empty takeout containers.

"You're my baby girl. I want it to be a wedding," he stated firmly.

Karina smiled. "Fine. Call it whatever you want." She washed her hands. She didn't want to argue. It was nothing short of a miracle to have her father agreeing to give her away at the ceremony so she wasn't going to do anything to change his mind or ruin his mood.

Karina started to take the plates to the dining table.

Mr. Yu helped his daughter, grabbing the bowls and following her to the table.

"By the way, I'll be staying at your uncle's place tonight," he said as he took a seat.

"Oh? Why?" Karina went back to the kitchen to get glasses and eating utensils.

"We're going drinking." He grinned.

"You and uncle and auntie too?" Karina raised her eyebrows. She then left her father to get him rice.

"No. Just your uncle and me and a couple of our old friends." He poured himself a glass of water. "I don't know what time I'll be home and in what state so it's better to stay with him."

"Don't get in trouble, Daddy. I need you in perfect health for the day after tomorrow," Karina sternly warned her father. She placed the bowl of rice in front of him and took a seat.

"Oh come on. You know I'm not much of a drinker. It's just some innocent old men fun." He started to eat.

"Okay then. Just call me or Minjeong tomorrow if you need us to pick you up." Karina grabbed her chopsticks.

He nodded. "I'll update you on my whereabouts."

Karina shook her head. "Who's the parent and who's the kid now?"

He merely smiled. "You grew up too fast."

"I didn't. I'm old, Daddy," Karina said.

"If you're old then I'm a fossilized dinosaur." He swallowed his food.

Karina laughed. "You're not that old. Don't exaggerate."

"I can't help it." He looked at his daughter and smiled. "My baby girl's getting married."

Karina blushed. She cringed. "Daddy..."

"I must admit that I have imagined a different kind of wedding... and spouse for that matter... but I guess whatever makes you happy." He resumed his meal.

"Thanks, Daddy." Karina looked at her father. "For being okay with this. Minjeong's a good person."

"I know. I wouldn't have let her marry you if she's no good," he stated matter-of-factly.