EPISODE SIX: FIRE SQUAD

INT. NIKE SUMMIT ARENA - DAY

The arena is PACKED. We see Reggie in the stands. The score board reads 90-89. USA trials by one. Neal explodes through the floor showing off his complete point guard skills. Neal does a killer crossover move and his Defender falls down. Kent motions himself in the corner trying to get open and ready for Neal with his defender still on him. He gets free a bit and Neal moves to the basket like he's going for a layup but instead he does a no look pass to Kent and Kent immediately DRAINS a three pointer at the buzzer. USA wins 92-90. The team celebrates.  Kent and Neal rush over to each other and share their handshake.

KENT- You the goat. It's like you knew I was gonna be there before I even got there. 

NEAL- I knew I could count on you to be ready.

Kent smiles.

INT. HOTEL - PORTLAND OREGON - NIGHT

Kent and Neal both showered and look exhausted laying on their beds.

NEAL- you think you could over strictly just play over seas?

KENT- if I had to? Hell yeah just to hoop. Like if that's the only option but nothing compares to the NBA. Being under those lights? I can't wait.

Neal smiles.

NEAL- me either.

There's a knock on the door. Neal goes to opens it. It's Reggie.

REGGIE- Just wanted to say good night and good job again both of you.

NEAL- thanks Dad. 

KENT- Thank you.

REGGIE- we have a king flight back. Get some rest.

NEAL- Will do.

Reggie smiles a little and then leaves.

KENT- it's cool of him to come out here with us.

NEAL- Yeah I didn't think he would.

KENT- he knows how important this last year is with you before you go off to college.

Neal feels bad that Kent doesn't have someone.

NEAL- You know....I bet no matter what your Dad would of been here for you this weekend.

Kent smiles he can tell Neal feels bad.

KENT- Don't worry about me I'm good. There is only one person I wish could be here.

Kent phone begins to rings and it's Taylor.  Kent smiles.

NEAL- y'all disgust me.

Kent laughs and answers.

KENT- Hey T.

TAYLOR- Hey Mr. 23 points, nine rebounds and three  assists.

KENT- I fucked up that triple.

TAYLOR- You did you did.

Kent laughs.

KENT- you wasn't supposed to to agree.

Taylor laughs.

TAYLOR- Im just saying you better start looking at your brother with the silent triple double 20 10 and 10. I'm proud of you Neal.

Neal smiles.

NEAL- Thanks T.

TAYLOR- Okay but seriously.