EPISODE 15: HOME

INT. OLD LYNVIEW GYM - DAY

We see a montage of Kent working on his game.  Shooting around. Suicides. He's focused.

KENT-(v.o) When you make a choice and say, "Come hell or high water, I am going to be this" then you should not be surprised when you are that. It should not be something that is intoxicating or out of character because you have seen this moment for so long that when that moment comes of course it is here because it has been here the whole time because it has been in your mind the whole time.

Hours go past he's still working out. He goes up for a dunk-

KENT-(v.o) We psych ourselves up too much. Like if you try to talk yourself into, 'Oh, this is a big moment, this is a big shot you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself. You shot that shot hundreds and thousands of times. Just shoot another one.

When he finishes the dunk we lean into:

INT. NEW GYM - GAME DAY

REPORTER- Another ferocious dunk by Kent Davis  and this crowd is on their feet.

KENT-(v.o) Neal is gone, but that doesn't mean the season is over. As a matter of fact, I'd say it's just beginning. You might want to stay out of my way for a while.

The cheer leaders cheer at the sideline.  Kent and Taylor lock eyes. Taylor gives him a half smile.

TAYLOR-looking good seven.

Kent tries not to blush.

KENT-(v.o) no one has ever had the affect on me Taylor has.

Taylor smiles a little. Kent goes back on defense.

TAVON- get off your cakes man.

Kent laughs.

KENT-(v.o) life is funny...it never goes how you plan in it....I never thought I would be out of mind in love with someone....and I never thought I would love a town so much....this place....these people...my family...it's like what I said about basketball....it's been here the whole time.

INT. DEANDRE AND KELLY HOUSE - DAY

Deandre Neal and Kelly are watching the game on tv. Neal is proud.

NEAL- (smiling) K has gone full Ice Berg Slim man....

DEANDRE-he knows what he has to do.

NEAL- Yeah....I wish I could be out there with him.

DEANDRE- you sure you can't play?

NEAL- doctors says I'm limited so...I don't want to play like that...being half way in isn't good enough.

DEANDRE- Neal at least try.

NEAL- really don't wanna talk about it right now...I just wanna hang out with you watch the game.

DEANDRE- we gotta talk about it eventually.

NEAL- I know.

KELLY- what are your plans for thanksgiving?

NEAL- Me T and Kent spending it together. It's our little tradition. But I think Taylor's family will be there and grandma Kate.

KELLY- Taylor is cooking?

NEAL- yes and no...I think she's cooking and Kent is catering.

They all laugh.

DEANDRE-what's going on with T and her internship?

NEAL- she's still going....her boss has been on a leave of absence so she thinks it's been okay.

DEANDRE- What? She hasn't reported that nigga?