Chapter 17

Third Person pov

Looking at the Grey-moon pack today, no one could guess what they had been through a couple of days ago thought Hannah as she stood outside the house looking at the beauty around her, people were joking around, the pack members had continued preparations for the alpha and luna's anniversary, Derek's injury has healed nicely just a few ache and pains here and there, the luna was to be woken today as the traces of silver had gone.

'Nice view huh?' said alpha James as he stood beside her.

'Yeah, I can't believe I'm here, thank you for allowing me to be here', said Hannah.

'You may not believe me but you and Shelby are a blessing to this pack, makes me wonder why my idiot of a son rejected you', said James in an annoyed voice.

'I guess maybe he does not like me in that way, I don't think I deserve him', she said sadly to which the alpha replied immediately.

'What are you talking about of course you deserve him, it is he that doesn't deserve you and when he comes begging, he must be on his knees'.

'I can't believe you are saying that!' exclaimed Hannah to which James laughed and ruffled her hair saying, 'Derek need to be humbled from time to time so he can appreciate whats in front of him'.

'The silver has completely gone from your wife's body so I'll be waking her up today but you are going to have to massage her body cause she will be stiff', said Hannah, James smirked and said, 'And I shall enjoy every minute', he said laughing as Hannah blushed a deep red.

As the alpha went back in, Kate came and joined Hannah. 'Shelby is still asleep, there is something I need to talk to you about', said Kate, Hannah turned to her, 'What is it?' Kate looked straight ahead.

'It's about Jake, he apologized and begged me to forgive  him Hannah, the problem is I don't know if he is for real, I mean I am human and he is a beta, what can I offer, just because I can fight does not mean that much right?' said Kate as she turned to Hannah who was frowning.

'Wrong Kate, wrong, look I know Jake's player reputation is not exactly attractive but do not ever underestimate yourself Kate, if something makes you happy go for it, it's not a bad thing, you are good enough and he knows it so stop looking for excuses and see exactly what you can have, true love in it's purest form', said Hannah as she grasped Kate's shoulder and she could see that her words were sinking in because Kate laughed a little then loudly, releasing her breath.

'Okay I just came here to take a break, I only have Derek's room to clean then I'm done and O my God, I totally forgot my job!!!!!' said Hannah in dismay, the past few days had so much going on she completely forgot about her job.

'About that I forgot to tell you that Joe closed the diner for two weeks, it completely slipped my mind', said Kate sheepishly, Hannah pushed her playfully and went to Derek's room to clean up and to do a last check on his injuries.

When she walked in he stood looking out from his balcony, from where she stood, she could see the well defined outline of his muscled back, he suddenly turned around when he caught Hannah's scent. Startled she stepped back as she scrambled her brain for words.

'Sorry sir, I came to clean up and to check if the scar has gone completely', she said, he remained silent so she took it as her cue to start cleaning up. It was highly uncomfortable because she felt his eyes on her the whole time and when she finally finished, he was stretched out on his bed deep in his own thoughts, but she didn't miss the sadness radiating off of him. She walked slowly towards his bed, when she got there she spoke clearly as he stood up, towering over her.