Amber

amber

○ ...well, i stopped thinking. and it was glorious. at least, it was until i started thinking again. ~ richelle mead ○

                                                                                           🥀

Gramps' toy store was as empty as I had ever seen it.

It was usually not only full of customers, but stocked with toys on every shelf space available. Today, there was none of that.

I had used my spare key to enter the store, hoping that the dragon plush was still in his office. The entire time that I made the trek over here, I had been paranoid as all hell, worried that there would be someone following me- whether it was the man from the bus stop, or worse, Daemon.

I made my way into the back office of the shop, hoping that there was something to give me a sign of where Gramps had gone. I entered the office, and was shocked at the state of disrepair it was in.

Papers were strewn everywhere, littering every inch of the floor. Gramps' desk, which was almost always more organized than my life, had a crack straight down the middle of it and the drawers were thrown open. I had never seen anything like it. It was like Gramps had been looking for something important... or someone else had broken in.

My first thought was of Daemon. Sure, he told me that he hadn't done anything to Gramps, but why would I take his word for it? It's not like he's displayed himself as the most trustworthy person. What if he had come here before returning to Gramps' cabin to find him missing? I could say from experience that I didn't know anyone else that could get into a place that was locked up without any evidence of breaking and entering.

I thought of the message that Gramps had given to me through Tashiro- the request to find the dragon plushie and bring it to him. However, considering the state of the office, I could only imagine that if the dragon plush was here, whoever tore apart this place must've already found it themselves.

All of a sudden, I got a terrible feeling like there was something here that I wasn't supposed to see. I backed out of the office, not wanting to stay here any longer. I didn't want to go against that sneaking uncertainty that I wouldn't get out of here safe and sound if I continued to snoop.

I nearly let out a shriek, however, as I saw the man from the bus stop at the front doors, his face pressed harshly against the glass. He had an extremely sinister smile on his face that reminded me of the one that my dad had in that horrible dream from a few days ago.

I made a break for the back doors, not wanting to press my luck that the glass doors would hold back whatever that guy had hiding in his pockets; for all I knew, he had a gun, or a knife...

I actually did scream when I burst out of the doors, though, when I ran into Daemon.

"Jesus fu-"

My words were abruptly cut off by Daemon pulling me to him and connecting our lips in a passionate kiss. While I was surprised by the sudden affection, God knew I wasn't complaining. I almost immediately began moving my mouth against his, loving the feeling of his soft, plump lips slowly massaging mine.

Just like how his breath smelled as fresh as if he had just brushed his teeth, he tasted like a mix of mint and a bit of alcohol of which I guessed he had consumed at the bar.

I was enjoying this way too much for it being that I was making out with who could only be described as a stranger to me, but it was over much too soon. As he pulled away from me, the lust was unmistakable even through his usually bright gold eyes had darkened to a swirling, molten lava.